Tika Sumpter’s profile is exploding currently, thanks largely due to her recurring role in hugely successful prime time drama “Gossip Girl”. The role has brought Tika’s name to the forefront, and helped move her from daytime soap star, to global sex symbol, red carpet darling and front row favorite at NYC Fashion week.
Here are 9 things you might not know about Tika Sumpter:
1. Her real name is Euphemia Sumpter
2. She is one of 7 children, and has 3 brothers and 3 sisters
3. In 2008, she was nominated by the NAACP Image Awards for ‘Best Actress in a Daytime Series’ for her work on One Life To Live, in which she played Layla Williamson
4. She is a passionate musician, who in the past year alone, co-wrote and recorded an album of original pop music, which isn’t really surprising considering her whole family is involved with music.
5. Twise, the vocal group she founded, had a hit song ‘Uh-huh’, which aired on radio stations nationally.
6. In 2001 she is already set to appear in television shows Gossip Girl and The Game, and motion picture ‘What’s Your Number?’ alongside Anna Faris.
7. She credits her health and the ability to read as her greatest assets, and is passionate about informing others about health and education issues. She filmed an AIDS awareness campaign with Common, along with an anti-smoking PSA, as well as featuring in educational film shown in schools to educate teens about pregnancy and STD’s.
8. She was in a bowling league as a kid.
9. One of her favorite foods is good ol’ mac and cheese.
Check out our Tika Sumpter gallery….