1) First of all, there WILL be a holiday party at your company- there’s roughly and 86.5-percent chance! Recent surveys have found that as many as 83% to 90% of companies are planning to throw holiday parties this year. Lots of companies cut them during the recession, but now they’re back.
2) But people will be really apathetic about it- there a 95-percent chance! A survey by jobs site Glassdoor found that only five-percent of employees really cared about having a holiday party, even if there was an open bar.
3) There’s an 80-percent chance your office party will have booze. Four out of five office holiday parties plan to serve alcoholic beverages.
4) There’s a 100-percent chance people will get drunk more quickly than they realize. British scientists found that drinking at a bar or friend’s house isn’t the same as drinking at work. When you’re in a place you don’t normally associate with drinking, they found, you act more drunk.
5) There a 99-percent chance your office party will not have caviar and French champagne. Surveys have shown that while holiday parties are popular this year, they won’t be very extravagant.
6) There’s a 59.8-percent to 72.2-percent chance that an extramarital affair will begin at your office party. According to a survey from Ashley Madison (the “dating” site for married people who want to cheat), 72.2-percent of women and 59.8-percent of men who have cheated on their spouses with a coworker say it started at the office holiday party.
7)The party has a 43-percent chance of taking place at lunch. Only a third of parties will take place in the evening, while 43-percent will be lunch affairs. The remaining quarter of festivities will then take place at other times – like on a weekend or, if your company’s particularly awkward, in the morning. (BuzzFeed)