Detroit’s “Hip Hop” mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick’s stellar career ended in disgrace and disappointment. After being convicted of corruption and fraud, a jury recently sentenced him to 28 years in prison based upon several federal convictions. However, on top of the time, he will now be ordered to pay restitution and taxes to the tune of more than $5 Million. U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds will hold a hearing on the matter on Dec. 10th. YourBlackWorld.com has the complete story. Read more:
- WATCH THIS: Pay Respect to R&B Legend Bobby Womack With an Encore Episode of Unsung!
- BET Awards 2014: Best & Worst-Dressed
- Wendy Williams Discusses Disney Actress Zendaya Backing Out Of Aaliyah Biopic [VIDEO]
- Who’s Got The Power? Beyonce Tops Forbes Celebs List
- Tell ‘Em Why You Mad: Tank Vents About TGT Losing BET Award To Young Money
- Frequency Inspiration