Detroit’s “Hip Hop” mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick’s stellar career ended in disgrace and disappointment. After being convicted of corruption and fraud, a jury recently sentenced him to 28 years in prison based upon several federal convictions. However, on top of the time, he will now be ordered to pay restitution and taxes to the tune of more than $5 Million. U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds will hold a hearing on the matter on Dec. 10th. YourBlackWorld.com has the complete story. Read more:
- INTERLUDES: Marsha Ambrosius’ Slays The Game With Nostalgic Performance Of ‘Say Yes’
- Loaded Baked Potato & Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 22 Powerful Images From the Ferguson Protests
- Kevin Hart Engaged: Watch Him Propose!
- NewsOne Exclusive: Ferguson Protesters React To Mike Brown Surveillance Video Release
- Frequency Inspiration
- SPEAK ON IT! Akon Calls Jay Z and Beyonce’s Marriage a ‘Business’ [WATCH]