- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until no longer pink. Drain off grease and season with chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Mix in the tomato sauce and 2 cups of the water. Simmer over low heat. Mix the remaining water with the flour and sugar until flour is dissolved; stir into the simmering meat sauce. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat oil in another skillet over medium-high heat. Warm tortillas in the hot oil until pliable. Fill each tortilla with a little bit of cheese, and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish, reserving some of the cheese to sprinkle on top. Pour the meat sauce evenly over the rolled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Also On Majic 102.1: