- 1 pound Smithfield Smoked Sausage, rope or links
- 4 ears corn, silks removed, husks pulled back and left attached
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and rubbed with olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of two limes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat grill to a high heat. Season the grill grates with a little vegetable oil. In a small bowl, mix the butter and ground chipotle pepper. Divide the mixture among the 4 ears of corn and rub over the kernels. Pull husks back up over the kernels. Place the corn on the grill along with the red pepper and smoked sausage. Cover the grill.
Turn corn occasionally so every part of the husk becomes black. Do the same with the red pepper until the entire skin is black and blistered (approximately 15 minutes).
Cook sausage until golden browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, place the zucchini on the grill and cook until grill marks have browned on them.
Remove corn, red pepper and zucchini from grill and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
Have a large mixing bowl available. Remove the outer peel of the red pepper, seeds and stem. Roughly chop and place in bowl. Pull back the husks of the corn and cut the kernels off the cob. Place in mixing bowl. Roughly chop the zucchini and place in mixing bowl. Cut the smoke sausage into bite sized pieces and place in mixing bowl. Add in the red onion, cilantro, cumin, olive oil and lime juice. Fold ingredients together. Gently fold in feta. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve cold or room temperature.