5 Fights Every Couple Must have
I am not a fighter. I am very much a female, but when it comes to my ‘turn up’ levels and desires to debate, nag and or argue, I’m more on the guy side (laid back) because I hate to fight. I’d rather let someone argue “at me” and I turn the other cheek or walk away.
I am not a fighter. So I used to think if a couple fought, something was terribly wrong in their union. But the older I get, the wiser I become. I’ve learned that when a couple does not argue, then there may be burgeoning signs that problems are on the way.
I’m learning that arguing is not always a bad thing. In fact, an argument or disagreement every now and then, may be a building block towards truly learning a mate and key in strengthen communication to make that relationship a stronger bond. I’m not saying that it is necessary to pick a fight just for the hello of it. What I am saying is that when a relationship is always passive, there are no bumps (EVER), how will you know how to handle conflict or when storms come? (and I trust that at some point, they will come). Below find 5 Fights Every Couple Should Have (In my eyes):
- The Money Fight (The Big Cahuna)
- The Sex Fight (No question – even Olympians or Nymphos get tired, I’m guessing)
- The Kid Fight (Children have an uncanny ability to start stuff *smile*)
- The Family Member Fight (while this may not turn into an all out argument, there’s usually a time when an in-law can cause “strong talks”).
- The Car (I don’t know what’s the big deal or why you can’t borrow the spouses car every now and again, but this one still happens)
Oprah had a similar list previously, check it out here: