George Zimmerman has released a letter to his supporters after he was scrutinized for retweeting a photo of Trayvon Martin’s slain body, explaining he had nothing to apologize for.
The Daily Dot reports the incident happened last month, when Zimmerman retweeted a fan calling him a “one-man army.” In his letter posted to Twitter on Saturday, Zimmerman said he didn’t see the photo of Trayvon after the retweet because the user’s photos were all blocked from public view. The account has since been suspended.
He also called critics out for slamming him for his alleged mistake and said the media and the “radical vocal minority” sensationalized his tweet.
“I did not publicly address the issue on the day the media chose to sensationalize the re-tweet. I do not now the media nor the radical vocal minority anything, neither do my supporters. I am now, for my supporters that are looking for the truth, assuring them I did nothing wrong and they, nor I have anything to apologize for.”
A Twitter spokesperson told The Daily Dot the explanation was “possible within its platform.”
The Florida native hasn’t strayed away from controversy since he was acquitted of the teen’s murder in 2013. He’s made various offensive statements about President Barack Obama and the Black Lives Matter Movement.
Don’t Miss Our Hottest Stories! Get The NewsOne Flip App for iPhone: Flip, Skip — Or Send Us a Tip!
George Zimmerman Says He Didn’t Mean To Retweet A Photo Of Trayvon Martin’s Body was originally published on newsone.com