Keyshia Cole has been beyond transparent about her personal life from her tumultuous relationship with her mom and sister to her divorce with her husband Daniel Gibson.
Besides her cover of Drake‘s “Hotline Bling” (which no one asked for) Keyshia has struggled in recent years to get her career back on track. She’s been the butt of many jokes and her photos have been used in nearly as many memes as Lil Mama.
During a twitter chat with her fans, Keyshia said some things that should probably should have kept to herself.
A fan tweeted, “Will there be any duets on your next album? If so, who would you like to sing with?”
Keyshia responded, “Chris Brown would’ve been awesome. But he keeps saying no. Like 4 times already: so I’m done with asking.”
While it seem as if Keyshia is upset by the diss, she quickly diffused the situation.
Another fan tweeted “There are artist way better and worthy of doing music with than him.”
To which she said, “Chris has grown so much. Proud of him. He just wanted me to try something different. Something more pop.”
She went on to say that she isn’t ready to leave the R&B genre in favor of pop tracks.”Gotta do it when I feel it tho. Can’t force something I don’t feel.” Well Keyshia, at this point in your career, beggars can’t be choosers. Beyoncé, Adele and Rihanna can turn down tracks but Keyshia girl, you better take what you can get, even if it’s a country record!
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Chris Brown, Kris Jenner, Miley Cyrus, & More
1. This dude is totally photobombing the selfie Doutzen Kroes and Joan Smalls are trying to take at the Balmain fashion show during Paris Fashion Week.Source: 1 of 8
2. Is someone going to tell Jada Pinkett Smith we can see through her skirt? Muy Caliente.Source: 2 of 8
3. Chris Brown was seen arriving to Warwick nightclub in his new burgundy-colored Lamborghini Aventador sports car in Hollywood, CA.Source: 3 of 8
4. Jennifer Hudson wants to be Cinderella so bad. Here she is coming out of Lincoln Center in New York.Source: 4 of 8
5. No worries Pharrell, your wife is right behind you at LAX Airport.Source: 5 of 8
6. Rihanna and her little brother arrived in Paris at Charles de Gaulle airport just in time to attend Paris Fashion Week.Source: 6 of 8
7. Gigi Hadid and boyfriend Joe Jonas got into the Balmain show, no problem.Source: 7 of 8
8. Tyga picked up his bae on her first day of school… We mean, after a day of filming her show on E!Source: 8 of 8
Access Denied: Keyshia Cole Says Chris Brown Refuses To Work With Her was originally published on hellobeautiful.com