President Donald Trump is making history––but not the kind he promised on the campaign trail. As Trump’s sixth month in office approaches, a new poll found that he has the lowest presidential approval rating since 1947.
Only 36 percent of Americans give Trump a thumbs-up for his job in the White House, as his numbers slid by 6 percent since a similar survey that marked his 100th days in office. It’s no surprise, given the issues at the root of the president’s dwindling support.
Chief among those issues is the growing Russia scandal. The poll found that 63 percent of Americans disapprove of Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer to obtain political dirt on Hillary Clinton. Moreover, few people believe the president is progressing toward his promised legislative agenda. And under Trump, most Americans believe the United States is losing its position as a global leader. More and more Americans view him as incompetent on the global stage. Read more.
O.J. Simpson Will Likely Walk Out Of Prison By October, Ex-Attorney Says
Fallen football legend O.J. Simpson takes center stage on Thursday for a televised parole hearing. Simpson’s former criminal defense attorney, Yale Galanter, predicts that it will be a good day for the Hall of Fame running back, whose been incarcerated in Nevada since 2008. He based his prediction on Simpson’s unblemished prison record.
Simpson, 70, is behind bars on a 12-count conviction that includes armed robbery and kidnapping. A judge gave him a nine to 33-year prison sentence. In 2013, he received parole for some of those charges. Read more.
Demonstrators Renew Call For Justice On The 3rd Anniversary Of Eric Garner’s Death
Plans are underway to stage a protest on Monday, which marks the third anniversary of Eric Garner’s death at the hands of a White police officer who used a banned chokehold to arrest him. At the demonstration, scheduled for 7 p.m. in Staten Island, New York, demonstrators will call for federal charges against Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who took down the unarmed Garner, 43, during a bust for the alleged sale of loose, untaxed cigarettes. A Staten Island grand jury declined to indict Pantaleo in December 2014. Read more.
Rapper Schoolboy Q Reunites With His Dog After United Airlines Mix Up
United Airlines is once again apologizing—this time for a lost pet. The airline reunited rapper Schoolboy Q and his dog after flying the pet to Chicago instead of Burbank, California. Schoolboy Q, whose real name is Quincy Matthew Hanley, was traveling on Friday from Missouri to Burbank. During a layover in Denver, the airlines accidentally put his dog on the wrong plane. Read more.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
NEWS ROUNDUP: Trump Has Lowest Approval Rating In Recent History, O.J. To Win Parole Bid?…AND MORE was originally published on newsone.com