With eyes keenly set on the 2020 presidential election, there have been plenty of rumors about who in the Democratic party could run against President Trump. Names such as Kamala Harris Cory Booker and Deval Patrick have been thrown out as potential candidates—and so has our beloved California Congresswoman Maxine Waters.
But on Friday’s episode of The View, the 78-year-old squashed those rumors, telling hosts that she does not have her eye on the White House. Instead, her goal is kicking out the person who currently resides there.
“That’s simply a rumor, everybody!” she told the show’s hosts. “I am not running for anything except the impeachment of Trump!”
As the audience cheered, host Joy Behar sang “Lock him up! Lock him up!”
Prior to her View appearance, she was also a guest on MSNBC’s Morning Joe where she continued criticizing Trump, calling him the “most deplorable person” she’s ever met.
“I’ve long thought that there was a lot of smoke, even fire, and that everything that I have learned about this president, starting with the campaign itself, that people should have understood that there was something terribly wrong with him.”
“As a matter of fact, I have said over and over again, I think he’s the most deplorable person I’ve ever met in my life,” she added.
When asked by co-host Joe Scarborough if she believed that Trump’s new chief of staff, John Kelly, could subdue the chaos that continues to plague the current administration, Ms. “Reclaiming my time” was like “Nah.”
“He is a flawed man with no real values and no real appreciation or understanding for government or public policy,” she said. “No, I have no hopes that anybody is going to be able to contain him or that he’s going to change.”
Since last year’s election, Waters, who is also the ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee, has not been one to hold her tongue about #45. While other Dems have been apprehensive to use the word “impeachment,” Waters was one of the first ones to call for it.
We see you Auntie and we’re here for your tenacity and courage!
How Rihanna Is More Presidential Than Donald Trump
1. Rihanna Arrives to the Elysee Palace in Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron
Source: 1 of 15
2. Rihanna at the Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. First Lady of France Brigitte Macron and RihannaSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron escorts Rihanna inside Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna
Source: 5 of 15
6. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna
Source: 6 of 15
7. Rihanna Talks With The Press Regarding Her Talk With President Macron
Source: 7 of 15
8. Rihanna with French press
Source: 8 of 15
9. Rihanna Receives a Humanitarian Award from Harvard University
Source: 9 of 15
10. Harvard Foundation Honors Rihanna As Humanitarian Of The YearSource:Getty 10 of 15
11. Rihanna Is Good With Kids
Source: 11 of 15
12. She Shows All Kids Love
Source: 12 of 15
13. Rihanna Plays With Ashad Khaled
Source: 13 of 15
14. Rihanna For 2020
Source: 14 of 15
15. Rihanna For President
Source: 15 of 15
The Only Thing Maxine Waters Is Running For Is ‘The Impeachment Of Trump’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com