The statue depicts Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and Jefferson Davis as heroes of the Confederacy.
“I have traveled the state of Georgia and the reality is that Georgia is much more complex. These Confederate monuments do not reflect who we are and who we are becoming,” explained Abrams.
Charlottesville has reignited a fight that has been going on for years in this country and Abrams believes that, “this is the time for our leaders to say ‘we are capable of better.’”
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge Protests1 of 15
2. Baton Rouge Protests2 of 15
3. Baton Rouge Protests3 of 15
4. Baton Rouge Protests4 of 15
5. Baton Rouge Protests5 of 15
6. Baton Rouge Protests6 of 15
7. Baton Rouge Protests7 of 15
8. Baton Rouge Protestors8 of 15
9. Baton Rouge Protestors9 of 15
10. Baton Rouge Protests10 of 15
11. Baton Rouge Protests11 of 15
12. Baton Rouge Protests12 of 15
13. Baton Rouge Protests13 of 15
14. Baton Rouge Protests14 of 15
15. Baton Rouge Protests15 of 15
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Inside Her Story: Stacy Abrams Calls For The Removal Of Confederate Carvings was originally published on blackamericaweb.com