President Donald Trump is asking for a pat on the back for helping to release three UCLA college basketball players arrested in China for shoplifting.
“Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!” the president tweeted on Wednesday.
Trump reportedly asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to resolve the case during his recent state visit in China while on tour of Asia. Behind the scene, White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly had been in touch with the families, the UCLA coaching staff and Chinese authorities. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is believed to have briefed Trump about the case. The three athletes—LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and and Jalen Hill–faced a Chinese criminal justice system that’s flawed and a culture that’s racist against people of color.
While Trump had a hand in getting the trio out of China, many are saying that he was just doing his duty to advocate for American citizens. His tweet exposes his constant need for praise.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Needy Trump Wants Praise For Helping To Release UCLA Basketball Players From China was originally published on newsone.com