Another unarmed Black man has been killed by the police. His name was Diante Yarber.
According to the Huff Post, on April 5 San Bernardino County police shot 30 bullets into Yarber’s in a WalMart parking lot after getting a tip that the Black Mustang the 26-year-old was allegedly wanted for questioning in a recent crime involving a stolen vehicle.
The family’s lawyer recently told The Guardian that the local police should be investigated for profiling, stalking and unjustifiably shooting him.
“They saw a car full of black people sitting in front of a Walmart, and they decided that was suspicious,” stressed Lee Merritt.
“They just began pouring bullets … It’s irresponsible. It’s dangerous. It’s mind-boggling, the use of force.”
He then said Yarber was hit “an estimated two dozen times.”
Naturally, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s office is telling a different story.
The Huff Post reported that they claim that Barstow police only shot into the car after the driver reversed the car in a getaway attempt and and then crashed the vehicle into two police cars.
In the meantime, the police involved in the shooting have been placed on paid administrative leave.
In addition to Yarber’s death, the backseat passenger Marian Tafoya, 23, is currently in critical condition. Her lawyer, Dale Galipo says the car was the officers weren’t in the path of the Mustang, so they had no justification to open fire, notes the Huff Post.
Yarber’s sister, Ruby Hawkins, told The Guardian that thev police often targeted her brother.
“They are the biggest criminals. They are bullies with badges … I don’t know how you can fear for your life with a person that is moving away from you.”
This a developing story. We’ll provide updates as the become available.
Justice For Stephon Clark: 20 Photos Of Protest And Heartbreaking Moments In Sacramento
1. Stephon Clark’s Grief-Stricken Brother1 of 20
2. Stephon Clark’s Brother Speaks To Protesters2 of 20
3. Stephon’s Clark Brother Sends Poignant Message3 of 20
4. Protesters Take To The Streets4 of 20
5. Black Lives Matter Activists Join Protest5 of 20
6. BLM Shouts For Justice6 of 20
7. Protesters Call For End To “Genocide” Of People Of Color7 of 20
8. Protest Signs Speak Volumes8 of 20
9. Activists Crowd The Block9 of 20
10. Women Stand For Clark10 of 20
11. Stopping “Cops Who Kill”11 of 20
12. Clark Remembered At Wake12 of 20
13. Clark Honored13 of 20
14. Stephon Clark’s Brother Takes A Stand14 of 20
15. Hundreds Attend Sacramento City Council Meeting On Clark’s Death15 of 20
16. Sacramento Kings Shout Out Stephon16 of 20
17. Demonstrators Protest Clark’s Fatal Police Shooting17 of 20
18. BLM Makes A Point18 of 20
19. Protesters Begin To Make Noise About Clark19 of 20
20. Protests Erupt Over Clark20 of 20
#DianteYarber: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed By The Police was originally published on hellobeautiful.com