Another police misconduct incident has been gotten attention recently. An Arkansas police officer was fired after he told two Black men that they “don’t belong” in “his” city, CBS affiliate WFMY reported.
Mike Moore was reprimanded after he told Demarcus Branch and his cousin Shannon Scribner to leave town, a video posted to Facebook on Tuesday (Aug. 7) revealed. The incident took place on July 21 in England, Arkansas, and involved Moore stalking them, the men said.
Moore forcefully confronted Branch, who is an England native, and Scribner who were shooting a music video, the video showed.
Branch told Moore that he noticed the officer was “following [them] everywhere” earlier in the day, but the unconcerned cop dismissed the comment. Moore than asked if the men were recording him speaking, to which they said yes. At that moment, the officer had a tense response.
“You know why? Because you don’t belong in my city,” Moore said, referring to why the men were recording the incident.
Branch then said that he and Scribner were from England.
“But you understand, I know who my people are, right, who belongs here and who doesn’t?,” Moore said in response. “We’ve got gang wars going on, we’ve got all kinds of stuff. I come from the big city where this stuff is small, okay? So, that’s cool. Do your thing.”
The exchange then ended with Moore going back to his car and telling the man that he would be getting his K-9 dog out of the vehicle. Moore allegedly stayed in the area while taking his dog out of the car and putting him back in it.
After the incident, Branch and Scribner, whose uncle is also an England police officer, filed a complaint with the England Police Department. As they await a response, they hope that Moore isn’t allowed to work in law enforcement again.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Watch: Black Men Stalked And Told They “Don’t Belong” In Town By Cop was originally published on newsone.com