TAMRON HALL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Tamron Hall Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, September 28, 2020 and end on Friday, October 2, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be conducted exclusively online at http://www.myhoustonmajic.com. One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (ARV $2,500).
See below for further details.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston, TX metropolitan area and are 21 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
1. Sweepstakes participants must register online through the Station’s website at http://www.myhoustonmajic.com.
2. Upon entering the website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions for the online entry form, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information as requested, to register for a chance to win.
3. All internet entries must be received by 11:59 pm local time on Friday, October 2, 2020 or they will be void.
4. One entry per person per day per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
1. During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to take part in the Sweepstakes by registering online at http://www.myhoustonmajic.com. After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win.
2. One (1) winner will be determined by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically.
3. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email by no later than Monday, October 5, 2020 and provided with instructions for claiming their prize.
4. Prize will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
5. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Station management which will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of the Station who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States residing with the Houston, TX metropolitan area
2. Employees of the Station, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (the “Company”), its parent, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston, TX metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Persons who have won a prize in another Sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
The Grand Prize package will include the following prize elements:
Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500)
1. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
2. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
3. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station
4. All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
5. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check, to be mailed to the winner.
6. If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. If Sweepstakes winner does not sign all necessary winning documents by Wednesday, October 7, 2020 the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) and a completed W9 form to claim their prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
9. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Participants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, Impact Marketing & Promotions, Disney-ABC Television Group, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) and a completed W9 form to claim their prize.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any Participant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. The Station, the Company, Impact Marketing & Promotions, Disney-ABC Television Group, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any Participant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Sweepstakes entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, Impact Marketing & Promotions, Disney-ABC Television Group, participating sponsors and any other promotional parties will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the Prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
14. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
15. Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available online at www.myhoustonmajic.com