Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- Madd Black Trivia! Win Music Fest Passes AND A Cruise For Two!!
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
- “Iconic” is an Understatement When it Comes to Mary J. Blige | Urban One Honors
- Dame Dash Reveals He Declined ‘Soul Plane’ Offer Because He Was “Offended” By Its Racist Humor
- Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
- [VIDEO] Bun B Explains How His Major Role in The Houston Rodeo Started
- Chlöe is Up NEXT! | Urban One Honors
- Listen: Serato, UNDEFEATED & TEC Leimert Create Audio Affect Series ‘Beat Tape’ With Rising Black & Brown LA-Based Artists
- Killer Mike Explains Why He Thinks Black Men Should Marry Black Women
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Rodeo News: Bun B Confirms Too Short and E-40 As Performers For All-American Takeover March 12
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Gary Owen's Estranged Wife Kenya Duke Puts Him On Blast Amid Divorce
Bun B Shares Erykah Badu Rodeo Story, Reveals Name Of Another Performer For 2024 Takeover
Radio ONE Welcomes Madd Hatta Back To Majic 102.1
Usher Adds Houston Stop to 2024 ‘Past Present Future’ Tour