Give A Day, Get A Disney Day. The Tour
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Give A Day, Get A Disney Day contest will begin on November 6, 2009 and end on November 12, 2009 (“Contest Period”). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded one (1) trip for four (4) people for five days and four nights to Walt Disney World® Resort (the “Premises”) to include roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations and theme park tickets.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM, the sponsor of the contest (“KMJQ-FM” or “Sponsor”), who are legal residents of the US, and are 18 years of age and older will be able to take part in this contest. To participate in the contest, listeners must do the following:
- Log on to www.myhoustonmajic.com and submit how their family gives back to the community for the chance to win the grand prize
- The contest is open to listeners of KMJQ-FM who are 18 years of age and older and are legal residents of the US. In addition, the following criteria that must be satisfied by any entrant into the contest: (1) entrant must have been actively involved in volunteering within the past twelve (12) months; (2) entrant must give of his/her time as volunteer hours; and (3) entrant must volunteer with his/her family.
- Employees of Disney Destinations (“Disney”), KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC or Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, other radio stations in the Houston metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from KMJQ-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this contest are not eligible to participate.
One (1) Grand Prize package consisting of a trip for four (4) people for five days and four nights to the Premises that includes the following:
¨ Four (4) round trip coach air fares between the major United States gateway airport closest to winner’s residence and the Orlando International Airport.
¨ Four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Premises.
¨ Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) nights at a hotel at the Premises selected by Disney in its sole discretion.
¨ Four (4) 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets.
¨ A Disney Gift Card with a value of Two Hundred Dollars ($200).
NOTE: Items that are not included as part of the winning vacation package are:
Hotel room service
Merchandise, souvenirs, etc.
Local and long distance telephone calls
Tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes
Transportation between winner’s home and the departure airport
All other charges and items not otherwise described above
The estimated retail value of the vacation package is $4,200.
Winning vacation rules include, but are not limited to:
Vacation must be taken between February 8, 2010 and February 12, 2010 or it will be forfeited.
Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and blockout dates may apply.
Vacation is for the winner of the contest and three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing.
Vacation and vacation components may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded. Vacation is not redeemable for cash.
Disney, its parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors agents, employees and assigns shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the contest.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided directly by a third party must be claimed at Sponsor’s offices within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
- All contest winners must sign and date official Sponsor release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
- If for any reason a contest winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sponsor if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- If contest winner does not claim their prize by December 4, 2009, the prize will be forfeit.
- Winner must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D) to claim their prize.
- During the Contest Period, listeners will be encouraged to participate in the contest by logging on to www.myhoustonmajic.com and submitting ways their family gives back to the community for the chance to win the grand prize
- Sponsor will select as the winner of the contest, the individual that Sponsor believes best exemplifies the spirit of giving through volunteer service in their local community. The winner will be chosen on November 13, 2009.
- The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and email
- The contest will progress in the following manner:
- a. Log on to www.myhoustonmajic.com and submit how their family gives back to the community for the chance to win the grand prize
- b. Sponsor will select the winner on November 13, 2009
- c. Listen to KMJQ-FM beginning at 9:00an on November 13, 2009 for the announcement on air of our grand prize winner.
- All decisions made by KMJQ-FM regarding any aspect of this contest are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the contest.
- All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold harmless KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc., Disney any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives, against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D) to claim their prize.
- Sponsor retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed, contest void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air.
- KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KMJQ-FM, Disney, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc. and their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc, Disney, each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including, without limitation, cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc., Disney, their subsidiaries, affiliates, and other radio stations, such as Acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered Sponsor in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
Copies of contest rules are available during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza #900, Houston, TX 77046.