Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
Phenomenal Woman: Our Favorite Dr. Maya Angelou Quotes was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou
“Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. ”
2. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou
3. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou
“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
4. REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
5. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
6. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou
“Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman
That’s me. ” – “Phenomenal Woman”