Here are some gifts that you should try to avoid getting dad this year for Father’s Day.
1) Hair loss rememdies. Maybe he needs it or even sort of wants someone to buy it for him. Still, save it for an everyday present and give Dad something else on Father’s Day instead.
2) Back shaver. Keep the grooming gifts to things that feel more luxe and pampering than hygenic and personal, like a badger shaving brush James Bond would love.
3) Cologne. Dad’s going to want to pick out the scent himself – it’s a personal thing.
4) Aprons. If Dad spends a lot of time in the kitchen, it might seem like a good idea. But he’ll probably be more excited by a gadget like a single-cup coffee maker or a juicer or an electric BBQ fork.
5) Fancy desk accessories. It’s an understandable thought when Dad is the definition of The Man Who Has Everything. But he’d probably want something more fun to play with in his office, then, like a toy drone helicopter or a desktop record player.
6) “#1 Dad” anything. Best Dad” or “#1 Dad” motifs are cheesy, but you can still let him know he’s the best Dad ever by giving him other stuff like cool beer steins.
7) Ties. If dad loves ties and you find one that he cannot live without, then go for it! But for the most part this gift is too cliché. Pick an accessory that he’ll get the most use of this summer, like a classic pair of sunglasses. (Yahoo)
Grads and Dads [Photo Gallery]
1. Judd Simpson and his oldest daughter Gabrielle Simpson1 of 14
2. Fred and dad 2013 grad Dekayney High2 of 14
3. img_4208-33 of 14
4. Mark Stoot I and Mark Stoot II, La Porte high School graduation.4 of 14
5. Ashley Flanagan and her stepdad who raised her Curley Vickers.5 of 14
6. Natalia Driver and Dad6 of 14
7. Grad Doneshea LaShay Antwine (Jersey Village HS) and dad Jerome Jones7 of 14
8. Clifton Brantley, Sr and Clifton Jr.8 of 14
9. Charity and Michael Carter, Booker T Washington High School9 of 14
10. William Dale Wallace and Honor Graduate Daleyna Wallace, Ozen High School. Beaumont, Texas10 of 14
11. Reginald Bush and Jakevius Richardson, Honor Grad of Gentry High School.11 of 14
12. Keith Blackwell and Son12 of 14
13. Howard D. Joseph with Grandson Nieman II and son Nieman Joseph Nieman13 of 14
14. Elisha Raquel Ray (Jack Yates C/O 2013) and her dad, Cleveland Ray14 of 14