The Rev. Al Sharpton “The Rejected Stone” Flyaway sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, October 7, 2013 and end on Thursday, October 31, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be conducted exclusively online. One Hundred and Sixty Five (165) winners will each be awarded one (1) autographed copy of Rev. Al Sharpton’s book “The Rejected Stone.” (ARV = $25) (“Secondary Prize”).
One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded: round-trip airfare for two (2) to New York, NY to meet Rev. Al Sharpton and have a private dinner with him in mid-November 2013, and two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations. (ARV = $3,500) (“Grand Prize”).
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of WAMJ-FM (WUMJ), WWIN-FM, WNOW-FM, WZAK-FM, WXMG-FM, WDMK-FM, KMJQ-FM, WTLC-FM, WRNB-FM, WFXK-FM, WKJS-FM (WKJM), WFUN-FM, WMMJ-FM
KSOC-FM, WOLB-AM, WDBZ-AM, WERE-AM, WCHB-AM, WTPS-AM, WOLB-AM, WPZE-FM , WWIN-AM, WPZS-FM, WJMO-AM, WPRZ-FM, KROI-FM, WTLC-AM, WPPZ-FM, WNNL-FM, WPZZ-FM, WPRS-FM, and WYCB-AM (collectively the “Stations”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within Baltimore, MD, Atlanta, GA, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Charlotte, NC, Philadelphia, PA, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Raleigh, NC, Richmond, VA, Washington, DC, Indianapolis, IN, St. Louis, MO, or Detroit, MI metropolitan areas, and are 21 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
- Sweepstakes participants must register online through the website of one of the participating Stations listed below.
- Participants must describe in one hundred (100) words or less how they or someone in their community is changing people’s lives for the better.
- If your local radio station or geographic market is not listed above, then you are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to be awarded any prizes for your participation. Radio One, Inc. and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims by ineligible entrants.
- Upon entering the Sweepstakes website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
- Submitted entries must be “family friendly”, appropriate for all audiences, and must meet the below-listed Entry Requirements.
- After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win.
- All Internet entries must be received by 11:59pm local time on October 31, 2013, or they will be void.
- Entries are limited to one per person, per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
- Secondary prize winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically. Winners will be notified by phone and / or email.
- One (1) grand prize winner will be selected by Rev. Al Sharpton from among all eligible entries received electronically during the Sweepstakes Period. Winner will be notified by phone and / or email.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Stations.
- Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of their local participating Station to claim the Prize.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Stations.
- All decisions made by the Stations and Radio One, Inc. (“Company”) management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
- By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, each participant represents and warrants to be bound by the Official Contest rules, that they are authorized to and have the rights to submit the content in the entry, and that all of the below-listed requirements have been met.
- Entries must be one hundred (100) words or less in length
- Entries may not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in the Participating Stations’ sole discretion
- Entries must not contain any profanity, obscene language, lewd or sexual content or references
- Submissions may not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy
- Entries must be produced and solely owned by the contestant submitting the entry
- Entries must be unpublished and not have been submitted in other competitions
- Submissions must not contain: unnecessary violence, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), or otherwise assault or threaten others
- If additional individuals are featured in the entry, each entrant warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the submission
Inspirational Station Formats
Atlanta – WPZE-FM – MyPraiseATL.com
Baltimore – WWIN-AM – MyBaltimoreSpirit.com
Charlotte – WPZS-FM – PraiseCharlotte.com
Cleveland – WJMO-AM – PraiseCleveland.com
Detroit – WPRZ – Praise1027detroit.com
Houston – KROI-FM – PraiseHouston.com
Indianapolis – WTLC-AM – PraiseIndy.com
Philadelphia – WPPZ-FM – PraisePhilly.com
Raleigh – WNNL-FM – TheLightNC.com
Richmond – WPZZ-FM – PraiseRichmond.com
Washington DC – WPRS-FM – praisedc.com
Washington DC – WYCB-AM – myspiritdc.com
Urban Adult Contemporary Station Formats
Atlanta – WAMJ-FM (WUMJ) – MajicATL.com
Baltimore – WWIN-FM – MagicBaltimore.com
Cleveland – WZAK-FM – WZAKCleveland.com
Columbus – WXMG-FM – MyColumbusMagic.com
Detroit – WDMK-FM – KissDetroit.com
Houston – KMJQ-FM – MyHoustonMajic.com
Indianapolis – WTLC-FM – TLCNapTown.com
Philadelphia – WRNB-FM – RNBPhilly.com
Raleigh – WFXK-FM – FoxyNC.com
Richmond – WKJS-FM (WKJM) – KissRichmond.com
Washington DC – WMMJ-FM – mymajicdc.com
Charlotte – WOSF-FM – OldSchool1053.com
Dallas – KSOC-FM – oldschool945.com
St. Louis – WFUN-FM – oldschool955.com
Cincinnati – WCFN – oldschoolcincy.com
Mainstream Urban Station Formats
Cleveland – WENZ – ZhipHopCleveland.com
Washington, DC – WKYS – KYSDC.COM
Baltimore – WERQ – 92Q.com
News Talk Station Formats
Cincinnati – WDBZ – TheBuzzCincy.com
Baltimore – WOLB – WOLBBaltimore.com
Houston – News927Houston.com
Washington, DC – WOL – DCNews.com
- The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of the Stations who are 21 years of age and older and are legal residents of the United States residing within one of the following metropolitan areas: Baltimore, MD, Atlanta, GA, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Charlotte, NC, Philadelphia, PA, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Raleigh, NC, Richmond, VA, Washington, DC, Indianapolis, IN, St. Louis, MO, or Detroit, MI.
- Employees of the Stations, the Company, Cash Money Content and Massenburg Media, Inc., their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in Baltimore, MD, Atlanta, GA, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Charlotte, NC, Philadelphia, PA, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Raleigh, NC, Richmond, VA, Washington, DC, Indianapolis, IN, St. Louis, MO, or Detroit, MI metropolitan areas, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- The grand prize winner and guest must each possess a valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo I.D. with birth date, prior to departure and must travel together on the same itinerary. Travel guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Travel guest will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the grand prize winner.
- Participants may only win one (1) Secondary Prize during this Sweepstakes.
- Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Stations within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Stations during any thirty (30) day period.
- The following Prize elements will be awarded:
- One hundred and sixty five (165) winners will each be awarded the Secondary Prize which will include the following:
- One (1) autographed copy of the book “The Rejected Stone” by Rev. Al Sharpton (ARV: $25)
- One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded the following:
- Round trip airfare for two (2) to New York, NY from the winner’s hometown city to have a private dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton
- Two (2) nights hotel accommodations (1 standard room, double occupancy, room and tax only)
- Ground transportation to/from airport and to/from private dinner location
- Total retail value of the grand prize package is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500)
- Meals not covered above, beverages, additional ground transportation, luggage costs, hotel room services, gratuities, souvenirs, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Dates and times of concerts, events, and activities promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Stations. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Stations are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
- If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
- Prize will not be mailed. Unless otherwise provided, Prize must be claimed at the offices of the local participating station by no later than 5pm on November 6, 2013 or the Prize will be forfeited.
- No substitution of Prize is offered, no transfer of Prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station’ management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the Prize.
- If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner decides not to accept the Prize awarded, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the Prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official or is otherwise determined by the Stations, in their sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Stations and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the Prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Stations, the Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded Prize or any portion thereof, or participation in Prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their Prize.
- The Stations retain the right to disqualify any entrant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Stations reserve the right to make changes in these Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- The Stations, the Company, Cash Money Content and Massenburg Media, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification.
- By accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges that the Stations and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Stations, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Stations, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Stations may in their sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Stations in lieu of the Prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Stations and the Company’s, control which, in the Stations and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Stations and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
- Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Radio One Inc. corporate headquarters located at 1010 Wayne Avenue, 14th Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20910.