(HOUSTON) — The Harris County Health Department confirms there are now nine human cases of the West Nile Virus in Harris County.
Aerial spraying is scheduled for Thursday night to contain the mosquitoes, Harris County Mosquito Control officials said.
See the Proposed Aerial Treatment Map Below…
Some 138,000 acres of northwest and northeast Harris County will be targeted, Mosquito Control Director Mustapha Debboun said.
“It’s something that is proven to work, when you have a situation when you have a big problem, you augment with an aerial spray,” Debboun said.
Dr. Umair Shaw says they’re being proactive, but wants people to know there’s no reason to panic.
“What we’re finding, in terms of where we are from human cases, we [are] busier than last year perhaps but not so different from where we’ve been historically,” Shaw said.
He recommends the basic methods of keeping mosquitos away: bug spray and light clothes with long sleeves and legs.
As of Wednesday, Harris County had West Nile activity reported in 119 ZIP codes.
Click here to see the latest West Nile activity in Harris County by ZIP code
- Montgomery County Woman in ICU Due to West Nile Virus
- 3 More Human Cases of West Nile Virus in Montgomery Co.
- West Nile Virus Found in Fort Bend County
- West Nile Virus Update: 99 Harris County ZIP Codes Test Positive
- Houston: A Hotbed of Disease Before Mosquito Control
- 5 Most Common Mosquito Myths
- EXCLUSIVE: 2014 Could Be Worst for West Nile in Harris Co.
- First Chikungunya Case in Harris County Confirmed
- Five Texans Come Home with Dengue Fever
- Mosquitoes Spreading Viral Disease in US
- Keep the Mosquitoes Out of Your Lawn
- Chemists Announce Natural Mosquito ‘Invisibility Cloak’
Get Breaking News & More On Your Phone
Scroll to the bottom to comment here, or join the conversation on our Facebook page or with @News92FM on Twitter.
9 Human Cases of West Nile Virus Confirmed in Harris Co. was originally published on news92fm.com
[WATCH IT HERE] Ali Siddiq 'The Domino Effect II: LOSS'
John Amos: Hospitalization Reveals Elder Abuse, Says Daughter
Who Knew? Rocsi Diaz And Joe Take Their Romance On Vacation
Beyoncé Pens A Sweet Message To Blue Ivy After Renaissance Performance
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Out and Proud: Black LGBTQ Celebs Who Put a Ring On It