Leave a comment
Prince

Source: Rob Verhorst / Getty

TMZ has reports that Prince’s estate has pumped the breaks on a producer’s plans to release an upcoming album.

According to TMZ,

A federal judge granted the estate’s request for a restraining order, which will prevent the release of the Deliverance EP on Friday (April 21st) — the first anniversary of Prince’s death. The estate says that George Ian Boxill signed a confidentiality agreement when he recorded songs with the late singer between 2006 and 2008, which would “remain Prince’s sole and exclusive property.” According to the lawsuit, Boxill also agreed that he “would not use any recordings or property in any way whatsoever” and the release of the EP would have violated his agreement. The estate went on to say that they demanded that he return the recordings last month, but Boxill refused. The estate wants the recordings returned, as well as a block placed on the release of new music.

Oh, well. I know we’re gonna get some unreleased Prince music soon, so don’t worry.

One thought on “Prince Estate Stops Release Of New Album

  1. Anonymous on said:

    Oh Wow!!! This hurts my heart because I’m really wanting to hear this album but if old boy is been shiesty, I say return the music!!
    Ajali

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s