Heavy fog, drizzle and thick clouds are greeting drivers this morning in the Houston area, but clear skies are expected later tonight and for the next few days before the next batch of rain.

The weekend is forecast to be mostly sunny and dry, though.

The National Weather Service issued a dense fog advisory for the Houston region for this morning until about 10 a.m., when the fog should lift, forecasters said. The fog is widespread.

Today, the high temperature is expected to reach about 60 degrees and a 50 percent chance of rain is forecast.

The rain will be light and widely scattered, mostly concentrated along the coast, where a low pressure area has hovered for the last few days.

The rain-maker is expected to move north and northeast as far as Louisiana by this afternoon, taking the fog and drizzle with it.


Most areas will receive less than an inch of rainfall, though some coastal areas could record more.

The weak system dumped about half an inch of rain at Bush Intercontinental Airport Monday, while Galveston received about 1.3 inches.

A mild cold front reaches the region Wednesday, when sunny skies are forecast. The high temperature will top out near 60 degrees and the overnight low will dip into the mid-30s. North wind will be between 10 mph and 15 mph with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Clear skies continue Thursday, but a 40 percent chance of rain is forecast for that night, increasing to 60 percent chance Friday as another low pressure area develops off the coast.

The high temperature each day will be in the upper 50s and low will be in the upper 40s. Rain chances diminish Friday night to 20 percent.

Saturday and Sunday will be mostly sunny. The high temperature each day will be in the upper 60s and the low will be near 50 degrees.

Only a slight chance of rain is possible late Sunday night.


Also On Majic 102.1: