MAJIC PAY DAY ARTIST OF THE DAY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Majic Pay Day Artist of the Day contest (“Contest”) will begin on October 11, 2010 and end on December 3, 2010 (“Contest Period”). Each on-air Contest winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of One Hundred Two Dollars ($102). Each Thursday, a weekly web winner will be awarded a 16gb Apple iPad.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., and are 18 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
- Listen to KMJQ-FM each morning at 7:27am Central Standard Time for Tom Joyner to announce the Majic Pay Day Artist of the Day.
- Be the tenth (10th) caller at 713-390-5102 when any song by the announced “Artist of the Day” is played throughout the day (beginning at 9:00am and ending at 9:00pm Central Standard Time). The tenth caller will win a cash prize of One Hundred Two Dollars ($102).
- For a chance to become a weekly online winner during the Contest Period, contestants must log on to the Station’s website at www.myhoustonmajic.com, sign up to become a member of the Majic Listener Club and register online each time a song is played on air by the announced Artist of the Day. Membership is free. To join, go to the above-listed website, and submit the requested information.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of KMJQ-FM who are 18 years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S.
2. Employees of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest within seven (7) days of winning the first prize.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from KMJQ-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are still eligible to participate.
- Daily on-air prizes will include the following:
One Hundred and Two Dollars ($102) paid in the form of a check for each contestant that becomes the correct caller at designated times during the Contest Period
- Weekly online grand prize:
One (1) 16gb Apple iPad will be awarded to each selected online contestant that contacts the station within the designated time frame.
- Prizes must be claimed at the station’s offices within forty five (45) days of the date of winning.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
6. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Prize checks will be available for pick-up no earlier than twenty (21) business days from the date the contest winner is awarded their prize. Winners will be notified when their prize is ready for pick up.
7. If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that he or she has decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
8. If a contest winner does not claim their prize within forty five (45) days of winning notification, the prize will be forfeited.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by listening to KMJQ-FM each morning at 7:27 am Central Standard Time for Tom Joyner to announce the Pay Day Artist of the Day.
- Be the tenth (10th) caller when any song by the announced “Artist of the Day” is played throughout the day (beginning at 9:00am and ending at 9:00pm Central Standard Time).
3. The Contest will progress in the following manner:
a. Listen to KMJQ-FM at 7:27am each morning for Tom Joyner to announce the Majic Pay Day Artist of the Day,
b. Be the 10th caller at 713-390-5102 when a song is played by the Majic Pay Day Artist of the Day, between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, for the chance to win,
c. Each daily winner will be awarded a cash prize of $102, to be paid in the form of a check,
d. At the time of the call, the winner will be asked to provide their contact information (off the air),
e. Winners must claim their prize in person at the Station’s offices located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 within forty five (45) days of winning notification
To qualify for the chance to win one (1) of eight (8) weekly grand prizes (16gb Apple iPad):
a. Listen to KMJQ-FM at 7:27am each morning for Tom Joyner to announce the Majic Pay Day Artist of the Day.
b. Log on to www.myhoustonmajic.com, click on the Contests page and register online each time a song is played by the Majic Pay Day Artist of the Day (online contestant must be a Majic Listener Club member to participate).
c. Listen each Thursday from 9am – 7pm for a Majic on air personality to call out a name randomly selected from all online entries. Potential winners will have 10 minutes and 21 seconds to call 713-390-5102 to claim their weekly grand prize (16gb Apple iPad). If the potential winner does not call back within the designated time, a new name will be drawn until a winner has been identified.
d. Winners must claim their prize in person at the Station’s offices located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 within forty five (45) days of winning notification.
4. All decisions made by KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC and Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates and any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air.
10. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC its parent, subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
14. Copies of contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the KMJQ-FM studios located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046. Copies of contest rules may also be made available online at www.myhoustonmajic.com