Investigators with the Houston Police Department’s Robbery Division want the public to help then find a suspect believed to be connected to numerous robberies in north Houston and Harris County since 2010.
The man, a black male between 35 and 45 years old, is suspected of robbing check-cashing and insurance businesses. Police say the man is between 5’7″-5’10″ tall with a slender builder and weighs approximately 160 pounds. According to reports, the man wore a baseball cap, a buttoned-up long-sleeve shirt, white tennis shoes and slacks. He was often armed with a knife. The suspect chose random times of day to commit the robberies.
The suspect is lined to robberies at the following locations:
- 13512 East Freeway (East Interstate Highway 10) on April 6.
- 4400 North Freeway (North Interstate Highway 45) on February 17.
- 210 W. Greens Road on January 31, 2012 and October 29, 2011.
- 7844 W. Tidwell on August 12, 2011.
- 11204 Airline on August 6, 2011.
- 7715 Veterans Memorial Drive on July 22, 2011.
- 4714 North Freeway on February 21, 2011.
- 1409 West Mount Houston on December 17, 2010.
Police have also linked the man to two robberies in Harris County an another one in Conroe.
In most cases, the man talked with workers at the locations about a loan or insurance quote. Police say after the inquiry, the suspect runs around or jumps across the counter, displays a weapon and demands money. The suspect then forces the victims into the back of the businesses and then flees the scene. There is no description of any sort of vehicle he might use to get away or if he has an accomplice.
If you have information about this case, call HPD’s Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Houston Police Seek Man Suspected Of Robbing Local Businesses [PHOTOS] was originally published on news92fm.com