MCDONALD’S ESSENCE ESCAPE
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The KMJQ-FM, McDonald’s Essence Escape contest (“Contest”) will begin on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 9:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and end on Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 11:59 P.M. CST (“Contest Period”). Four (4) winners will each be awarded One (1), Five Hundred Dollar ($500) American Express gift card; Three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room, double occupancy), and Two (2) tickets for each night of the 2013 Essence Music Festival event taking place July 5, July 6, and July 7, 2013 at the Mercedes Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area and are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, participants must do the following:
1. Listen to KMJQ-FM, Majic 102.1 during the Contest Period, Monday through Friday between 9:00 A.M. CST and 11:59 P.M. CST, for the “McDonald’s Essence Escape Song of the Hour” announcement.
2. When the designated song is played in its entirety during the designated hour as announced on KMJQ-FM, participants must call in and be the thirty-fifth (35th) caller on the KMJQ-FM request lines at 713-390-5102.
3. Upon becoming the designated caller, participants must correctly identify the song title. Upon providing the correct answer, qualifying winners will be offered the designated qualifying prize (qualifying prize items will vary throughout the Promotion Period). At the time of the call, the qualifying winner will be asked to verify their contact information (name, address, age, phone number, and email address). Qualifying winners will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win a grand prize.
4. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
5. Contestants may only win one (1) qualifying prize during the Contest Period.
6. Contestants may only win one (1) grand prize package during the Contest Period.
7. On each of the following dates: Friday, May 31, 2013; Friday, June 7, 2013; Friday, June 14, 2013; and Friday, June 21, 2013 KMJQ-FM will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner at random from all eligible contestants that qualified through on-air contesting between Monday and Thursday of that week. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email. Prizes will be awarded upon winner verification and final approval by KMJQ-FM.
8. All winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046, to claim their Prize.
9. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
10. All decisions made by KMJQ-FM and Radio of Texas II, LLC management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of KMJQ-FM who are who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area.
2. Employees of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, (the “Company”), McDonald’s USA, LLC, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, divisions, franchisees, distributors, suppliers, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston/ Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of their immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members means: spouses, parents, grandparents, children, siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from KMJQ-FM within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from KMJQ-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
5. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
3. Qualifying prizes to be awarded during the Contest Period will vary, consisting of available station merchandise which may include the following:
Event tickets, CDs, DVDs, movie passes, T-shirts, etc. Movie passes, and/or special screening and premiere movie passes are valid for space available only. Seating is provided on a first-come-first-served basis.
4. Four (4) grand prize winners will each be awarded the following:
a. One (1), Five Hundred Dollar ($500) American Express gift card; Three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room, double occupancy), and Two (2) tickets for each night of the 2013 Essence Music Festival event taking place July 5, July 6, and July 7, 2013 at the Mercedes Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. Gift Cards are subject to American Express terms and conditions.
• Air transportation, ground transportation, meals, hotel room service, taxes, gratuities, luggage fees, alcoholic beverages, sightseeing tours (or other excursions), souvenirs, incidentals or any other fees incurred for any other activities in which the winner and their guests chose to participate are not included as part of the Grand Prize package and are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guests. Estimated Value: One Thousand Six Hundred Twenty Eight Dollars ($1,628). If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
5. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims. losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
6. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. Dates and times of concerts, and activities promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of KMJQ-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. KMJQ-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
8. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
9. All Contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
10. Winners will be notified when their prize is available for pick-up. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit/Release as required, or if the Prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited.
11. If for any reason a winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and/or Contest administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
12. If Contest winner does not claim their prize by 5pm on July 2, 2013, the prize will be forfeited.
13. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by KMJQ-FM in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and/or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
14. Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 to claim their prize. Winners must provide two forms of official identification to claim prize. Acceptable forms of identification include a valid Texas driver’s license, passport, or other valid government-issued photo I.D. Identification documents must match the information provided at the time of Contest registration.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. Any information collected by registering to enter the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Contest Rules.
4. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, video image, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, McDonald’s, and any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, McDonald’s, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any participant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, McDonald’s, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC; have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; KMJQ-FM may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
14. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
15. Copies of complete Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046. Or on the station’s website at http://www.myhoustonmajic.com.
McDonald’s USA, LLC is not responsible for the administration of this Contest or the selection of winners.