SOUL TRAIN CRUISE GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The KMJQ-FM, Soul Train Cruise Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 9:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and end on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 11:59 P.M. CST (“Sweepstakes Period”). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded roundtrip air transportation for two (2) between a Houston area airport and San Diego California; and one (1) deluxe cabin on the Soul Train Cruise, sailing October 5-12, 2013.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area and are twenty-one (21) years of age and older at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, participants must do the following:
1. Listen to KMJQ-FM, Majic 102.1 during the Sweepstakes Period, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. Central Standard Time “CST” and 11:59 P.M. CST for the “Soul Train Cruise Giveaway” announcement.
2. When the on-air solicitation for callers has been made, participants must call in and be the thirty-fifth (35th) caller on the KMJQ-FM request lines at 713-390-5102.
3. Upon becoming the designated caller, eligible participants will be awarded the designated qualifying prize (qualifying prize items will vary throughout the Sweepstakes Period). At the time of the call, the qualifying winner will be asked to verify their contact information (name, address, age, phone number, and email address). Qualifying winners will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win the grand prize.
4. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Sweepstakes participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Participants may only win one (1) qualifying prize during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. On Friday, August 30, 2013, one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entrants that qualified through on-air participation. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email. The prize will be awarded upon winner verification and final approval by KMJQ-FM.
7. All winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046, to claim their Prize.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
9. All decisions made by KMJQ-FM and Radio of Texas II, LLC management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of KMJQ-FM who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry, and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area.
2. Employees of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, (the “Company”), their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston/ Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members means: spouses, parents, grandparents, children, siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Sweepstakes, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Sweepstakes except as specified within these rules.
4. Winner and guest must each possess a valid passport along with a valid driver’s license, or other government-issued photo I.D. with birth date, prior to departure and must travel together on the same itinerary. Travel guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Travel guest will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the grand prize winner.
5. Persons who have won a prize in another promotion or sweepstakes of any kind from KMJQ-FM within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from KMJQ-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
6. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. Qualifying prizes to be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period will vary, consisting of available station merchandise which may include the following:
Event tickets, CDs, DVDs, movie passes, T-shirts, etc. Movie passes, and/or special screening and premiere movie passes are valid for space available only. Seating is provided on a first-come-first-served basis. Transportation to and from any event venue, meals, beverages, souvenirs and all other expenses will be the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
3. One (1) grand prize will be awarded for this Sweepstakes, and will include the following:
• Roundtrip coach air transportation for winner and a guest between Houston, Texas and San Diego, California. Winner and guest must be able to travel October 4-12, 2013 (air travel must originate from a Houston area airport, winner and guest must travel on the same flight itinerary); Seven (7) nights cabin accommodations in (one (1) deluxe verandah balcony cabin, double occupancy) on the Holland America Line’s MS Westerdam Ship “The Soul Train Cruise” sailing October 5-12, 2013 to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
• Hotel accommodations for two (2) in San Diego, CA for one (1) night on October 4, 2013 (one (1) standard room, double occupancy).
• Meals on board the ship are included, with the exception of private restaurants. Access to all onboard concerts, prepaid taxes and fees, entrance to the on-board casino and disco. Use of pools, waterslides, on-board health and fitness center is included.
• Additional upgrades, cabin room service, ground transportation, meals away from the ship, taxes, gratuities, luggage fees, alcoholic beverages, sightseeing tours (or other excursions), spa and beauty services, souvenirs, incidentals or any other fees incurred for any other activities in which the winner and their guests chose to participate at their destination are not included as part of the Grand Prize package and are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest.
• Grand Prize Winner and guest must each provide a valid passport by 5:00pm on Friday, September 6, 2013. If winner and/or guest are unable to provide a valid passport by the date/time above, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
• KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC and Time Life / Centric, Entertainment Cruise Productions, and Star Vista Entertainment shall not be liable for any cancellations or changes to trip itinerary. In addition, KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC and Time Life / Centric, Entertainment Cruise Productions, and Star Vista Entertainment shall not be responsible for providing any substitute trips or travel arrangements in the event of winner and / or guest’s own failure to arrive in a timely manner for departure on the cruise or other travel itineraries.
• Estimated Value: Six Thousand Dollars ($6,000). If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
4. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
5. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
7. All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
8. If for any reason a winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and/or Sweepstakes administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
9. If Sweepstakes winner does not claim their prize by 5pm on October 4, 2013, the prize will be forfeited.
10. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by KMJQ-FM in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and/or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Sweepstakes by being the correct caller at the announced phone number after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made.
1. Participants that become the thirty-fifth (35th) caller will be awarded the qualifying prize and entered into the drawing for a chance to win the grand prize.
2. The grand prize winner will be determined on Friday, August 30, 2013. One (1) potential grand prize winner will be selected at random from among all eligible participants that qualified via on-air participation.
3. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and /or email by no later than Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
4. All winners will be instructed to come to the offices of KMJQ-FM to claim their prize.
5. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
6. All decisions made by the Station and Company regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. Any information collected by registering to enter the Sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Rules.
4. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, video image, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
7. All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any participant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Sweepstakes entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC; have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Promotion, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; KMJQ-FM may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
14. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
15. Copies of complete Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 or on the station’s website at http://www.myhoustonmajic.com.