¼ Cup Shallots, Thinly Sliced
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 Large Sweet Potato, Peeled and Sliced into ¼ Inch Rounds
2 Parsnips, Peeled and Sliced into ¼ Inch Rounds
1 Large Baking Potato, Peeled and Cut into ¼ Inch Rounds
1 Teaspoon Unsalted Butter
1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive OIl
1. Slice a shallot into thin rings to measure the indicated amount.
2. Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Mince the garlic, then add to the shallots.
3. Peel a sweet potato and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
4. Peel parsnips and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
5. NOTE: Potatoes will oxidize, or turn brown after peeled, so this step will come just before baking the tian.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9″x11″ baking dish with butter.
3. Peel the potato and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
4. In the baking dish, arrange the potato, parsnip and sweet potato slices in a single layer, overlapping them as you go.
5. Sprinkle the garlic, shallots and dried thyme evenly over the top. Crush the dried thyme between your fingertips as you sprinkle it over the veggies. Drizzle the top with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
6. Place the root vegetable tian in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until potatoes are starting to become tender. Remove foil and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the top, then continue baking until cheese turns golden brown, about 5-7 more minutes.
7. After you remove the tian from the oven, cover loosely with foil until ready to slice and serve.
8. Slice the tian and transfer a portion to each dinner plate. Serve warm!
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
CHIC EATS: Root Vegetable Tian [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral
Beyonce Looks Magical In Custom Sheer Dress For Her Oscars Gold Party
Win Passes To NCAA Men’s Final Four Fan Fest OR The Final Four Music Festival
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Humble ISD Teacher Caught with Student at Hotel Under Investigation
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG