Victoria Milan, the dating site for married and attached people, recently surveyed more than 5,000 cheating men; the results indicate that 78 percent of the respondents are in their first marriage, and that 82 percent of them began to be unfaithful after having children.
When asked to elaborate on what about having children made it so difficult in terms of staying faithful, respondents answered as follows:
- 30 percent indicated that sex with their partner stopped being passionate after the baby came
- 23 percent stated that they experienced problems in bed as a result of interruptions from the children during the night such as crying, illness, nightmares, etc.
- 18 percent stated that their spouse turned all of their attention to the children
- 15 percent cited economic problems as the source of their marital woes
- 14 percent indicated that other family issues were the cause of their problems.
Only 22 percent of the 5,000 cheating respondents were remarried. Sigurd Vedal, CEO of Victoria Milan comments, “Generally, second relationships, whether they be marriages or other committed relationships, are usually stronger because past experience has served both to correct behaviors and provide a more mature attitude towards relationships. It is also more common for problems arising from parenthood to arise in the first relationship; this is a function of both age and experience.”
While children are some of the most rewarding parts of being married (not speaking from experience at all in any way, shape or form), it seems that children do indeed bring a lot of stress into the union. It takes a strong couple to maintain a balance when they’re so thrown off course by a small little mixture of them both, who demands all of their time and attention.
The American dream of the spouse, 2.5 kids, dog and picket fence is slowly changing. With 41 percent of marriages ending in divorce, one could assume that marriage isn’t the number one option for couples in love. In America, there is one divorce approximately every 36 seconds. That’s nearly 2,400 divorces per day, 16,800 divorces per week and 876,000 divorces a year! There are many factors that contribute to divorce, but it’s sad to see that children rake in a staggering 83 percent of the blame.
Check Out Our Fave Married Couples!
13 Pics Of Hollywood's Most Adorable Couples
1. President Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett SmithSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. Oprah Winfrey and Stedman GrahamSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Beyonce and Jay-ZSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Denzel and Pauletta WashingtonSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Devon Franklin and Meagan GoodSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. Alicia Keys and Swizz BeatzSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. Jennifer Hudson and David OtungaSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. John Legend and Chrissy TeigenSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris KodjoeSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Duane Martin and Tisha Campbell-MartinSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Keisha Whitaker and Forest WhitakerSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Carmelo and LaLa AnthonySource:Getty 13 of 13
It’s Not You, It’s Them: 83 Percent Of Married Men Who Cheat Step Out After Having Children was originally published on hellobeautiful.com