(HOUSTON) — The latest West Nile virus activity maps for Harris County show positive tests in mosquitoes, dead birds or both in 99 ZIP codes, up from 92 last week.
That’s ahead of the July report for 2012, which was a terrible year for West Nile virus.
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm
During the entire 2012 season, there were 101 human cases and four deaths. So far this year, there’s been one human case reported in The Woodlands.
- Houston: A Hotbed of Disease Before Mosquito Control
- 5 Most Common Mosquito Myths
- EXCLUSIVE: 2014 Could Be Worst for West Nile in Harris Co.
- First Chikungunya Case in Harris County Confirmed
- Five Texans Come Home with Dengue Fever
- Mosquitoes Spreading Viral Disease in US
- Keep the Mosquitoes Out of Your Lawn
- Chemists Announce Natural Mosquito ‘Invisibility Cloak’
West Nile Virus Update: 99 Harris County ZIP Codes Test Positive was originally published on news92fm.com