(HOUSTON) — The latest West Nile virus activity maps for Harris County show positive tests in mosquitoes, dead birds or both in 99 ZIP codes, up from 92 last week.
That’s ahead of the July report for 2012, which was a terrible year for West Nile virus.
Harris County West Nile Activity by ZIP Code
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm
During the entire 2012 season, there were 101 human cases and four deaths. So far this year, there’s been one human case reported in The Woodlands.
West Nile Activity Map, July 25
- Houston: A Hotbed of Disease Before Mosquito Control
- 5 Most Common Mosquito Myths
- EXCLUSIVE: 2014 Could Be Worst for West Nile in Harris Co.
- First Chikungunya Case in Harris County Confirmed
- Five Texans Come Home with Dengue Fever
- Mosquitoes Spreading Viral Disease in US
- Keep the Mosquitoes Out of Your Lawn
- Chemists Announce Natural Mosquito ‘Invisibility Cloak’
Get Breaking News & More On Your Phone
Scroll to the bottom to comment here, or join the conversation on our Facebook page or with @News92FM on Twitter.
West Nile Virus Update: 99 Harris County ZIP Codes Test Positive was originally published on news92fm.com
Beyonce Looks Magical In Custom Sheer Dress For Her Oscars Gold Party
GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral
Win Passes To NCAA Men’s Final Four Fan Fest OR The Final Four Music Festival
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Win The Ultimate Michael Jackson Experience with Passes & Hotel Stay
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
Humble ISD Teacher Caught with Student at Hotel Under Investigation
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions