— Adela Uchida (@adelauchida) August 19, 2014
(HOUSTON) — Houston police officers coming on duty Tuesday at 61 Riesner made a horrifying discovery.
“They came upon an HPD officer that was inside a patrol vehicle in uniform,” HPD spokesman Victor Senties said. “He was slumped over in his patrol vehicle.”
The officer, who worked in traffic enforcement, was found dead around 4 p.m.
“Officers immediately got him out of there, and when they took him out, he had suffered an apparent, self-inflicted gunshot wound,” Senties said.
The officer has not been identified, pending notification of his family.
Senties said HPD makes psychological serviced available to officers, but early in the investigation, information was still sketchy.
- Suicide Prevention: Help is Only a Phone Call Away
- Police Chase Suspect Commits Suicide After SWAT Standoff
- Heroes Extinguished: Firefighters, Cops May Not Seek Help for Stress, Depression
- Heroes Extinguished: Houston Firefighters More Likely to Die from Suicide [Part 2]
- Houston DJ Kevin Kline: How to Cope with Depression, Bipolar Disorder
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm
Houston Officer Kills Himself Outside Police Station was originally published on news92fm.com