It’s almost that time beauties–New Year’s Eve! This is the day we leave all bad things in our past and all good things are to come. But what’s most important is the night’s festivities, which include drinking of course. But here’s the thing…many of us have been toasting and cheersing all wrong and we didn’t even know it!
MUST READ: How To Open A Bottle Of Champagne
A toast is the perfect way to recognize a special occasion or celebration, especially during New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. But what is the appropriate way to make a toast? #TeamBeautiful linked up with internationally-recognized etiquette expert and author and founder of The Protocol School of Palm Beach, Jacqueline Whitmore and she set us straight with toasting tips. You’ll never get it wrong again:
1. Follow the host’s lead. It’s appropriate for the host to propose a toast at the beginning of the meal to welcome all the guests. After the host makes his toast, anyone else can propose a toast.
2. Keep it brief. The toast is more memorable if you keep the three S’s in mind: keep it short, simple and sincere. Remember, you’re giving a toast, not a roast.
3. Toast during the beginning or at the end of the meal. A toast is most appropriate before everyone begins eating or during the dessert course.
4. Everyone drinks except the guest of honor. If you’re the one being toasted, don’t touch your glass or don’t drink to yourself. It’s like patting yourself on your own back. When the host sits down, you’ll be expected to return the toast and then you may drink.
5. Always participate in a toast. Even if you don’t drink alcohol, it’s perfectly acceptable to toast with a soft drink, a glass of sparkling cider, or mineral water. Or you can raise a glass of wine or champagne to your lips, pretend to drink it and then set it aside.
6. It’s not necessary to clink glasses. In some cultures, this is considered bad form and should be avoided. When in doubt, watch the host. If you’re in a small group, you should always look each person in the eye when you lift your glass. You can complete the toast by saying something like, “Cheers” or “Bottoms Up.”
I’ll Drink To That: Don’t Clink Glasses + 5 Other Toast Tips That Will Make You Look Classy was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Majic Under The Stars feat. Tyrese, Tamia, Tamar Braxton AND MORE! October 21st
PV vs Grambling: State Fair Classic 2023 Saturday Sept. 30
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Sha’Carri Richardson Rocks Natural Hair During Diamond League Final 2023: ‘I Had To Pull Out The Natural’
Majic Under The Stars: Saturday October 21st
Win Passes To Cedric The Entertainer LIVE Sept 27 at Rockhouse Southern Kitchen
[VIDEO] Man Punched For Yelling During Beyonce Mute Challenge In Houston
Smothered Creamed Spinach Chicken Recipe