Veteran DJ and television host Donnie Simpson is coming back to your airwaves on D.C. radio and on TV One.
“It’s been five and half years and seventeen since I’ve done television. I’m excited about it and looking forward to it. It feels good to be back in the saddle doing what I do,” Simpson said. The long-time host of BET’s seminal music video show, Video Soul, Simpson says that playing golf was a big part of his retirement, but says that he played more golf when he was working than in retirement.
“You don’t have that routine,” says Simpson. “You just wait and see how the day develops, maybe the grandkids are coming over, I didn’t have that routine.”
Tom Joyner wants to know if he’s taking Huggy Lowdown and Chris back, but Simpson says he probably couldn’t afford them now.
“I’m laughing but I’m crying inside,” he jokes.
Simpson says that he’s excited about his return.
“I’m looking forward to it and I can’t wait to get back,” he says.
Where Are They Now: Men of the 80's, 90's and 00's
1. New EditionSource:P. Smith / All Action / Retna Ltd. 1 of 8
2. Tevin CampbellSource:PRN / PRPhotos.com 2 of 8
3. TyreseSource:Aaron J. Thornton / PR Photos 3 of 8
4. BabyfaceSource:PRN / PRPhotos.com 4 of 8
5. El DebargeSource:Koi Sojer / PR Photos 5 of 8
6. Bobby BrownSource:Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP 6 of 8
7. Johnny GillSource:Quillard Inc 7 of 8
8. Jagged EdgeSource:Vallery Jean/FilmMagic 8 of 8
He’s Back! Donnie Simpson Is Returning To Radio & TV! was originally published on blackamericaweb.com