Clothing can still be a problem … even if you are a major star.
Saturday Night Live star Leslie Jones is currently on a press tour for the highly anticipated movie Ghostbusters. Naturally, the 6-foot chocolate beauty would want to look fabulous on the red carpet; however, she had one little problem: no high-end designers wanted to dress the non-sample size funny lady.
Unfortunately, this is a problem that larger women in the entertainment industry often have. Celebrities like Leslie’s Ghostbusters co-star Melissa McCarthy has expressed her discontent with the lack of clothing and choices she has to wear. It’s not until celebrities are at A-list star power will high-end designers then make custom designs for them (and that’s if they are lucky).
… But not ALL designers are like that. Christian Siriano responded to the tweet, using emojis:
To which Leslie responded:
Christian has never been one to shy away from dressing women of all various sizes, shapes, ages, and styles. A true fashion designer can accomplish these feats. He even collaborated with Lane Bryant for an oh-so-stylish plus-size line. The Project Runway winner received a lot of applause for his tweet, to which he stated:
Well said, Christian. We can’t wait to see what Christian Siriano design lovely Leslie dons for the Ghostbusters premiere!
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The 27 Best Plus Size Swimsuits On The Internet To Help You Get Beach Body Ready
1. Say it loud!Source:Forever 21 1 of 22
2. Tuxedo printSource:Simply Be 2 of 22
3. A Roar Of Approval!Source:Forever 21 3 of 22
4. Metallic ManiaSource:Forever 21 4 of 22
5. Peplum perfection!Source:Forever 21 5 of 22
6. Don't have the blues...wear them!Source:Forever 21 6 of 22
7. Lovely in (faux) leatherSource:Forever 21 7 of 22
8. Top me off in a tropical print!Source:Forever 21 8 of 22
9. Olive you.Source:Forever 21 9 of 22
10. This criss-cross bathing suit will make you jump, jump!Source:Simply Be 10 of 22
11. Hello sunshine!Source:Forever 21 11 of 22
12. Pattern party!Source:Forever 21 12 of 22
13. Fun in florals!Source:Simply Be 13 of 22
14. Back to black.Source:Simply Be 14 of 22
15. Cut it out!Source:Forever 21 15 of 22
16. Don't skirt around the issue.Source:ASOS 16 of 22
17. Palm springs partySource:ASOS 17 of 22
18. Raving for ruching!Source:ASOS 18 of 22
19. Flourish in florals.Source:SwimsuitsForAll 19 of 22
20. Swimming with kissesSource:SwimsuitsForAll 20 of 22
21. Mixed print madnessSource:SwimsuitsForAll 21 of 22
22. Get spotted in this red polka dot print tankin!Source:Simply Be 22 of 22
Christian Siriano Stands Up For Curves: Dresses Leslie Jones When High Fashion Said No was originally published on hellobeautiful.com