How would Bernadette from Waiting to Exhale look today with the classic cut she sported in the iconic movie? What about Janet Jackson’s box braids in Poetic Justice? Well, Mayvenn Hair recently made a must-see video where some of the most iconic black hairstyles from our favorite movies were recreated.
As Bernadette, ready to cut up and burn up!
Ready to pop off as Cleo!
Seeing the video brings a lot of fun flashbacks, like Vanessa Bell Calloway’s look as Prince Hakeem’s girlfriend from the classic comedy, Coming to America. The video also makes a tribute to Queen Latifah as Cleo from Set it Off and Halle Berry in BAPS.
Black women never fail to bring it when it comes to hairstyles that define, make a statement and set serious trends!
Make sure you check out Mayvenn’s video and be inspired to recreate some of these throwback styles for your next look!
FAB FINDS: Top 35 Beauty Products of 2016
1. The ChinUp Mask
1 of 29
2. Glossique Nail Deco
2 of 29
3. Baby Foot Exfoliant Foot Peel
3 of 29
4. Dermovia Compression Lace Face Mask
4 of 29
5. Suave Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
5 of 29
6. Briogeo Gel-to-Oil Overnight Treatment
6 of 29
7. Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Brassica Seed & Shea Oils Silkening Blow Out Crème
7 of 29
8. Shea Moisture Facial Wipes (African Black Soap)
8 of 29
9. Cream of Nature Moisturizing Milk Masque
9 of 29
10. Moisture Love Kindred Spirits Moisture & Style Cream
10 of 29
11. ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip
11 of 29
12 of 29
13 of 29
14. Jane Carter Solution| Leave in Conditioner
14 of 29
15. Cailyn Liquid Matte
15 of 29
16. The Jojoba Company| Cucumber and Guava Firming Eye Balm
16 of 29
17 of 29
18. It's a 10 Haircare Leave-in-Conditioner
18 of 29
19. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey
19 of 29
20. Beautycounter Eye and Brow Liner
20 of 29
21. EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
21 of 29
22. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner
22 of 29
23. Zoya Nail Polish
23 of 29
24. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
24 of 29
25. PMD Personal Microderm
25 of 29
26. When in doubt: Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.
26 of 29
27. It’s unwind-time. How about a warm bath and our Body Oil to seal in moisture? Shop our profile link.
27 of 29
28. Boom! Toothy Tabs
28 of 29
29. L'Occitane Rebalancing Black Soap
29 of 29
Signature Hairstyles From Classic Black Films Are Recreated With Modern Inspiration was originally published on hellobeautiful.com