What do John Legend, Mary J. Blige and Oscar winner Mahershala Ali have in common? They have awesome stylists to keep them looking their best for every red carpet event and beyond. The Hollywood Reporter recently held their annual dinner celebrating the top stylists in Tinseltown; a swanky event hosted by Jimmy Choo and The Hollywood Reporter at Los Angeles’ Italian eatery The Ponte.
The star-studded event highlighted the most powerful stylists in the game, getting the scoop on their thoughts on their famous clients. Jason Bolden, who styles for R&B Hip-Hop Queen Mary J. Blige, has been with her for years and is considered a close friend. Mary hails Jason for taking her out of her “comfort zone” to make a look for herself that he has nothing but respect for. “What’s dope about Mary is that she’s always wearing her own jewelry – how f—ing amazing is that?” he says. Jason ranked No. 18 on the coveted list of go-to stylists.
Rising stylist Ade Samuel was also present at the glitzy event with her clients Jhene Aiko and Big Sean. They praised her for being in tune with who her clients are and magnifying their vision. Ade has also styled for megastar Rihanna.
Other stylists present were Karla Welch, whose clientele include Ruth Negga and Sarah Paulson, was awarded the No. 1 spot on the list and received a round of applause during the dinner.
Hats off to the stylists who are holding it down for our faves on the red carpet!
RED CARPET RUNDOWN: The 2017 iHEART Radio Music Awards
1. CHRISTINA MILIANSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. JHENE AIKO AND BIG SEANSource:Getty 2 of 14
3. BIG SEANSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. KARRUECHE TRANSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. KARRUECHE TRANSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. KARRUECHE TRANSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. ASIA MONET RAYSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. FAT JOESource:Getty 8 of 14
9. JASON DERULOSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. JASON DERULOSource:Getty 10 of 14
11. FIFTH HARMONYSource:Getty 11 of 14
12. HALSEYSource:Getty 12 of 14
13. HEIDI KLUMSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. KATY PERRYSource:Getty 14 of 14
What Black Stylists Have To Say About Your Hollywood Faves was originally published on hellobeautiful.com