CLOSE
Terrence Howard

Source: Michael Tran/ Getty Images / Getty Images

Terrence Howard has denied he has ever been abusive to any of his ex-wives. The Empire star has taken to social media to clarify some comments he made in a recent interview with People, in which he said, “I’ve made terrible mistakes throughout my life.” “I still have growing to do,” Howard told the publication. “I just hope the mistakes I make now are smarter mistakes.”

The actor has faced allegations of violence toward his ex-wives, but despite previously admitting slapping his first wife, the 48-year-old now claims he has never been abusive. “I’ve never been abusive to anyone in my entire life,” he tweeted Saturday. “When I say that I’ve made mistakes, it is not regarding violence but judgment,” he added.

The actor was arrested in 2001 and pled guilty for disorderly conduct after punching first wife Lori McCommas “twice with a close fist,” according to police. The couple were married in 1994 and divorced in 2003. They later remarried in 2005 and divorced for the second time in 2007. “She was talking to me real strong, and I lost my mind and slapped her in front of the kids,” Howard told Rolling Stone in 2015.

Howard’s second wife Michelle Ghent was granted a restraining order against him in 2013 after she alleged he kicked her and threatened to kill her. The actor claimed he was acting in self-defense.

Howard is currently married to third wife, Mira Pak, and the couple has two sons – Qirin, 22 months, and Hero, seven months.

 

Also On Majic 102.1: