Job Description SUMMARY:
A Houston Investment Advisory Services organization is seeking to add a Chief Technology officer to their team. The organization has grown exponentially and is seeking an individual with 15 years’ experience in Information Technology within the Financial Services industry and 7+ years of managerial/strategic experience. Specific knowledge of Portfolio Management Systems, Trading Tools, FIX, and Order Management Systems along with successful experience with Cyber Security and Cloud Services are required.
In conjunction with the firm’s partners, establish the firm’s technical vision and lead all aspects of technological development, including strategic direction and future growth.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control ensuring that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the firm’s technological resources are used responsibly.
• Set up IT guidelines in structural management for the entire IT infrastructure which involves computers, peripheral devices, and telecommunications, servers, internet and data centers.
• BS in Information Technology or a related field
• 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology working within the financial services industry
• 10+ years’ management and strategic experience in Information Technology or MBA/MS in related field with 10 years’ experience, 7 of which are managerial and strategic
• Knowledge of Portfolio Management systems, FIX, and trading tools • First-hand experience with trading tools preferred