Shelters are open around the area for those displaced by the storm.
Gallery Furniture is welcoming Houstonians in need of shelter from rising flood waters to the location off I-45 North between Tidwell and Parker. Gallery Furniture is stocked with food, water, plenty of mattresses and looks forward to keeping their neighbors safe from the storm.
CITY OF HOUSTON
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas,
Houston, TX 77010
Here is a list of available Multi-Service Centers:
Denver Harbor Multi-Service Center
6402 Market Street
Houston Texas 77020
Fifth Ward Multi-Service Center
4014 Market Street
Houston, Texas 77020
Sunnyside Multi-Service Center
Houston, Texas 77051
Third Ward Multi-Service Center
3611 Ennis Street
Houston, Texas 77004
West End Multi-Service Center
170 Heights Blvd
Houston, Texas 77007
The following Centers are also open:
John Peavy Senior Center
3814 Market Street
Houston, Texas 77020
Kashmere Gardens Branch Library
Houston, Texas 77026
The following non-profit partners have offered to assist in staging survivors until they can moved to a shelter:
Houston, Texas 77014
Lyndale United Church
Houston, Texas 77002
MD Anderson YMCA
Houston, Texas 77009
Trotter Family YMCA
1331 Augusta Drive
Houston, Texas 77057
Community of Faith Church
1024 Pinemont Drive
Houston, Texas 77091
M.O. Campbell Education Center
1865 Aldine Bender Rd.
Houston, Texas 77032
YMCA at Calvalcade
705 Cavalcade St.
Houston, TX 77009
Northshore High School – 9th Grade Campus
13501 Hollypark Dr.
Westside High School
14201 Briar Forest
Paul Revere Middle School
10502 Briar Forest
2755 E. League City Pkwy
League City, 77573
The City of Friendswood Emergency Operations Center has opened the city’s Activity Building, located at 416 Morningside Dr. as an emergency shelter for people being picked up from their homes by the Friendswood Police Department.
First Baptist Church
401 Oxford St.
A shelter for residents covered by the mandatory evacuation order has opened at 1900 N. Downing. Residents must have identification in order to enter the shelter.
Red Cross Shelter is now open in Alvin located in the Cafeteria of Living Stones Church for those in need – address is 1407 Victory Lane. The Red Cross shelter will not take animals, unless they are crated.
FORT BEND COUNTY
B.F. Terry High School, 5500 Avenue N., Rosenberg, Texas – Opens at 8 a.m. Monday. Crated pets accepted. Bring food for your pets.
The American Red Cross will open and operate a shelter at the Abundant Life Christian Center located at 601 Delany Rd. in La Marque beginning at 1:30 p.m. Friday. Residents who plan to utilize the shelters need to have identification, medication and anything else needed for the next several days.
The Salvation Army has opened Harbor Light Center for men at 2407 North Main, Sally’s House for women at 1717 Congress Ave. and Family Residence at 1603 McGowen St. for those seeking refuge from the storm.
Star of Hope‘s downtown Men’s Development Center at 1811 Ruiz St. is offering immediate shelter to any men living on the street and seeking a safe, dry place to ride out the storm. The organization’s women and families shelter is already at capacity.
Crobsy ISD announced Crosby Middle School gym will be opened as a temporary shelter for flood victims at 10:00 Sunday. We are partnered with the Red Cross to operate the shelter and provide resources but the flooding is so extensive that the Red Cross cannot currently make it to Crosby Middle School but we are going to open the school for shelter anyway.
American Legion Hall in Crosby, 14890 FM 2100
Calvary Baptist Church shelter is open at 816 North Blair, Cleveland, Texas.
Red Cross has opened a shelter at Living Stones Church in Alvin, at 1407 Victory Lane.
The Salvation Army has opened Conroe’s Red Shield Lodgeat 304 Avenue E for those seeking refuge from the storm.
Dobie High School has been set up as a Red Cross rescue location for families in need of refuge from Harvey. Assistance will be available on the gym side turn around.
Golden Acres Baptist Church, 2812 Pansy St in Pasdena
Pasadena HS, 206 S Shaver
SAN JACINTO COUNTY
Coldspring-Oakhurst Consolidated Jones Educational Complex
125 FM 1514, Coldspring, Texas
- First United Methodist Church: 1201 Main St, Bastrop, TX 78602, 512-21-2201
- 2nd Baptist Church: 1010 N Von Minden St, La Grange, TX 78945, 979-968-5953
- Luling Civic Center: 333 E Austin St, Luling, TX 78648, 830-875-2411
- Victoria Christian Center: 735 E Kingsbury St, Seguin, TX 78155, 830-401-0848
- NB 9th Grade Center: 659 S Guenther Ave, New Braunfels, TX 78130, 830-643-5700
- Church Middle School: 1275 I-35BL, New Braunfels, TX 78130, 830-221-2800
- New Life Fellowship Church: 11225 E Loop 1604 N, Universal City, TX 78148, 210-945-8098
- Tommie N. Allen Recreation Center – 7071 Bonnie View Rd, Dallas, TX 75241, 214-647-0986
- Samuell Grand Recreation Center – 6200 E Grand Ave, Dallas, TX 75223, 214-670-1383
- Walnut Hill Recreation Center – 10011 Midway Rd, Dallas, TX 75229, 214-670-7112
- Walker County Storm Shelter – 455 State Hwy 75 N, Huntsville, TX 77320
- Huntsville High School – 515 Farm to Market Rd 2821, Huntsville, TX 77320
- North Orange Baptist Church: 4775 16th Street, Orange TX 77632
RED CROSS LOCATIONS
- Walker County Storm Shelter: 455 State Highway 75 N, Huntsville, TX 77320
- Bay Harbor Methodist Church: 3459 Deke Slayton Expressway, Galveston, TX 7757
- Huntsville High School: 515 FM 2821 E Huntsville, TX 7732
- Knights of Columbus: 1310 Hwy 90 West, Sealy 77474
- MO Campbell Education Center: 1865 Aldine Bender Rd, Houston, TX 77032
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church: 507 S 4th St, Richmond, TX
- Golden Acres Baptist Church CLC: 2812 Pansy Street PASADENA, TX 77503
- First Baptist Church Tomball: 401 Oxford Street TOMBALL, TX 77375
Check Red Cross Shelters for updated information.
- Gallery Furniture: 6006 North Fwy (Between Tidwell & Parker), Houston. The business will be stocked with food, water, and plenty of mattresses. (Pets must be Kenneled)
- Galley Furniture: 7227 W. Grand Parkway South., Richmond
If you can, residents who need to take shelter are encouraged to bring the following items:
– Prescription/Emergency medication
– Medical equipment, i.e. Oxygen tanks, wheelchairs
– Extra clothing
– Pillows, blankets, sleeping bags
– Baby food, formula, diapers
– Flashlights and extra batteries
– Pets WITH carriers, as well as leashes, food, food bowls
– Important paperwork
Only gather these things if it is safe to do so, otherwise YOUR SAFETY IS A PRIORITY.
This list is subject to change. Information will be added as it becomes available.