Now, Tina Knowles-Lawson is proving her baby right. In a throwback picture of herself, circa 1992, the 66-year-old looks absolutely stunning rocking a yellow, brown and black leopard print jumpsuit, looking like one of our favorite characters from Empire.
“I am 38 on this photo!” the mother and grandmother wrote on Instagram on Monday, telling the story behind this perfect blast from the past.
“Took it on my lunch break from the salon with 6 people under the dryer with wraps, Are used to take a couple hours to dry, I still love leopard My Girls used to hate it! Yes I was Cookie Lyons before there was a Cookie Lyons. @tarajiphenson .”
Of course, folks such as Naomi Campbell, Holly Robinson Peete and many others showed Ms. Tina love, including Vanessa Williams who wrote: “Woo chile you hurtin ‘em with this look! Exactly Kerry OG periodt! We see your Divine gifts all over your gifted children! Love you Ms Tina Lawson!”
Now, while being fierce is one of her strong suits, dancing is not.
“”Haaaa!!! Yeah i know they didn’t get their dance moves from me !!” she wrote in the video’s caption, attempting to be the physical embodiment of the Megan Thee Stallion and Bey song. “They got em from their daddy! its okay i still like to dance!!!!! And i got two new knees.”
But alas, she gets an “A” for effort for attempting this popular TikTok dance…I mean hey, I’ve been working on the first eight for weeks.
Take a look:
From telling her corny jokes to reminding Black folks to forgo getting their hair and nails done to starting the campaign #IDIDMYPART to offer free COVID-19 tests to the resident of Houston, Tina has been keeping very busy during the quarantine. And we’re here for it!
“Why would these be the first places that open?” taking a few-seconds pause. “We need to stay at home. It’s people dying every day and Black people are dying at an alarming rate. We can do without this.”
You better tell em’ Mama!
Glam Ma: 18 Photos Of Tina Knowles Lawson Looking Fly & Fabulous At 65
1. Ladylike Foundation's 9th Annual Women Of Excellence Awards GalaSource:Getty 1 of 18
2. STARZ 'Power' Season 4 L.A. Screening And PartySource:Getty 2 of 18
3. STARZ 'Power' Season 4 L.A. Screening And PartySource:Getty 3 of 18
4. 2017 ESSENCE Festival Presented By Coca-Cola Ernest N. Morial Convention Center - Day 1Source:Getty 4 of 18
5. 2017 Essence Festival - Day 1Source:Getty 5 of 18
6. Richard Lawson And Tina Knowles Lawson Launch WACO Theater Grand Opening - ArrivalsSource:Getty 6 of 18
7. 6th Annual Ladylike Day At UCLA Panel And ProgramSource:Getty 7 of 18
8. NBA All-Star Bowling ClassicSource:Getty 8 of 18
9. Essence 11th Annual Black Women In Hollywood Awards Gala - ArrivalsSource:Getty 9 of 18
10. Lorraine Schwartz launches The Eye Bangle a new addition to her signature Against Evil Eye Collection - ArrivalsSource:Getty 10 of 18
11. WACO Theater's 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala - ArrivalsSource:Getty 11 of 18
12. WACO Theater's 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala - ArrivalsSource:Getty 12 of 18
13. Vivica A. Fox Releases 'Every Day I'm Hustling'Source:Getty 13 of 18
14. 2018 The Trifecta GalaSource:Getty 14 of 18
15. WACO Theater Center Presents'Letters From Zora' - Opening Night PerformanceSource:Getty 15 of 18
16. Ladylike Foundation's 2018 Annual Women Of Excellence Scholarship Luncheon - Red CarpetSource:Getty 16 of 18
17. 2018 BET Awards - Debra Lee Pre-BET Awards DinnerSource:Getty 17 of 18
18. 2018 BET Awards - Debra Lee Pre-BET Awards DinnerSource:Getty 18 of 18
Tina Knowles-Lawson Is Serving Leopard Print Cookie Lyons Vibes In This Throwback Pic was originally published on hellobeautiful.com