Congress has finally passed a second stimulus bill to try to help boost the American economy and help millions of people. After eight months of back and forth arguments on how this bill should be formed, the second round of funds are set to help give a boost to unemployment insurance, and more small business aid.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
This plan will distribute $900 billion dollars in funds and will go before the House for approval on Monday, December 21st. So what does that mean for you? If you’re unemployed you can look to receive an additional $300 a week helping roughly 12million Americans.
RELATED STORY: 5 Tips for Spending Your Stimulus Check!
Something that is different from the first stimulus bill is that American’s will not be receiving a $1,200 check. This time, American’s making under $75,000 will be receiving a $600 check. Couples who make under $150,000 will receive a $1,200 check. Parents will receive an additional $600 payment per child. Incremental reductions are set in place to reduce payments for individuals who more than the set income much like the first round of payments.
$284 billion is set to be available for small-business aid, $25 billion is allocated for the rental assistance program, $13 billion is dedicated to food assistance programs, and federal student loans will remain differed until April 2021.
So how long until you can get help? If everything goes smoothly Americans will start to roll out around mid-January 2021.
- Win The Ultimate Michael Jackson Experience with Passes & Hotel Stay
- Register to Win Tickets to See Chris Stapleton at NRG March 16
- Register Now For Senior Bingo at Praise in the Park March 18!
- Al B. Sure Says Megan Thee Stallion and Snoop Helped Him Hit A Billion Streams
- The R.O.C.K.’s Kingdom Leadership Conference: Feb 22-26th
- Praise In The Park is Back! March 18th, 2023 – Get Tickets Here
- Wrongfully Convicted Victim and Civil Rights Lawyer Speak Out to Raise Awareness
- “New Besties” Meg The Stallion and Vice President Kamala Harris Celebrate Women’s History Month
- Minnesota Republican Claims Genocides Between Native Americans And White People Went ‘Each Way’
- Black Tony Is Finally Coming To Work…At 11 O’clock [WATCH]
- 6 Important Things To Know About Ramadan
- Rev. Alfred C.D. Vaughn, Pastor Of The Sharon Baptist Church In Baltimore, Has Died
- The Hot Spot: Drake & 21 Savage Concert Ticket Prices Shock Fans
- HBCU U-KNOW: Ernest Ladd of Grambling State University
- Marijuana Legalization Linked To Positive Public Health Outcomes [LISTEN]
- Exploring The Political And Cultural Battle Of The ‘Woke Wars’
A Second Stimulus Has Been Approved, Here’s How Much You’ll Receive was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Register to Win Tickets to See Chris Stapleton at NRG March 16
Southern Soul March March 11th Humble Civic Center
Beyonce Looks Magical In Custom Sheer Dress For Her Oscars Gold Party
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Win The Ultimate Michael Jackson Experience with Passes & Hotel Stay
Rickey Smiley Gives ‘The Today Show’ His First Interview Since Losing Son Brandon
UPDATE: Private Investigator Details How Whitney Houston Was Murdered