Cheryl Cox, Director of Finance, and Freda Smith, Pathway to Success Coordinator and past graduate of program discuss how The WorkFaith Connection helps people in transition to build a new life through work and faith. It’s a free program to assist men and women in finding and keeping meaningful employment.
Contact info: visit www.workfaithconnection.org or call either location. Info sessions are every Monday-Wednesday.
Two locations: 1500 N. Post Oak Rd Suite 150, Houston 77055 (713-984-9611)
5100 Travis St.Houston, 77002 (713-833-3435)
Our mission is helping people in transition build a new life through work and faith.
Who we help: The WorkFaith Connection was founded in 2006 to assist men and women in finding and keeping meaningful full-time employment. The WorkFaith Connection is a Christ-centered 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that provides job readiness training and career advancement planning. Many of the people we serve are living in poverty, transitioning out of homelessness, prison, drug and alcohol recovery programs, unstable life patterns, domestic abuse and under-employment. We enter into their lives at the point when they are ready to change and have made a commitment to a new way of living.
Phases of the program:
- 8-day job readiness workshop
- Job search until employment is secured
- Stabilization – “1 job for 1 year”
- Career advancement planning and preparation
Typical classes include 16 men and women, with a variety of skill sets, education levels and talents. Over 1,600 men and women have graduated.
Results: 78% of our participants are getting hired after they complete our job readiness program.
Requirements to attend 8 Day Job Readiness Workshop:
- Be committed to living a life of integrity and honesty.
- Be committed to attending our 8 day job readiness program.
- Pass drug test and authorize criminal background check. Your background does not prevent you from participating.
- Valid ID and social security card.
- Be living in stable housing and be willing to work full time.
Fees: There are no fees to attend our workshop. The WorkFaith Connection is a 501 (C) (3) nonprofit organization funded by individuals, grants, foundations, churches and donors who support our efforts.
8 Day Job Readiness Workshop:
- Importance of resumes/applications/references, 30 second commercials
- Attitudes and beliefs, personal development, Dressing for success, grooming, body language
- Planning the job search, goals, developing good work habits
- Interview questions and answers, employer expectations, conflict resolution at work
- What are your gifts and talents, managing your life, managing your finances
Sandy Schultz, President & CEO, The WorkFaith Connection
A native Houstonian, Sandy Schultz is President and CEO of The WorkFaith Connection.
Graduation ceremonies are on Fridays from 2:45 – 4:00pm. These powerful, inspiring ceremonies are very special as the graduates share their journey and testimonies to change. The WorkFaith Connection encourages theHoustoncommunity to attend these uplifting events to see how God is transforming lives.
Upcoming graduation dates and locations: May 4, May 18 at1500 N. Post Oak Road location
Or April 27, May 11, May 25 at5100 Travis Streetlocation in the Museum District