Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Amazing Christmas (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, December 12, 2011 at 6:00 a.m. CST and end on Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST (“Contest Period”). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded a pair of front row tickets to the Maze featuring Frankie Beverly concert scheduled for Friday, December 23, 2011 at the Verizon Wireless Theater in Houston, Texas. An autographed picture from the members of Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, a greatest hits CD, and four (4) roundtrip airline tickets from Southwest Airlines.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., residing within the geographic listening area of the station and are eighteen (18) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. Listeners must do the following to participate in the Contest:
1) On-Air Contesting: Beginning Monday, December 12, 2011 at 7:27 a.m. CST and ending Thursday December 22, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST, listeners will be encouraged to listen to KMJQ-FM, Monday through Friday at 7:27 a.m. during the Tom Joyner Morning Show for the “Maze Song of the Day” announcement. When the song is played, participants must be the 35th caller on the KMJQ-FM request lines by dialing 713-390-5102. Participants must correctly identify the song title to be deemed a contest winner. Upon providing the correct answer, winners will be offered the designated qualifying prize (a pair of tickets to the Maze featuring Frankie Beverly concert scheduled for Friday, December 23, 2011 at the Verizon Wireless Theater in Houston, Texas and will be entered into the grand prize drawing for a chance to win.
WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
1) The Contest is open to listeners of KMJQ-FM who are eighteen (18) years of age and older and are legal residents of the United States residing within the geographic listening area of the station.
2) Employees of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (“Sponsor”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston / Galveston metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those residing in the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3) Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4) Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from KMJQ-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate or win. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from KMJQ-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
5) Contestants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1) The following prizes will be awarded in this Contest:
a) Qualifying prize: A pair of tickets to the Maze featuring Frankie Beverly concert scheduled for Friday, December 23, 2011 at the Verizon Wireless Theater in Houston, Texas. Transportation to and from the event venue, souvenirs, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
b) One (1) Grand prize of a pair of front row tickets to the Maze featuring Frankie Beverly concert scheduled for Friday, December 23, 2011 at the Verizon Wireless Theater in Houston, Texas. An autographed picture from the members of Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, a greatest hits CD, and four (4) roundtrip airline tickets from Southwest Airlines. (Tickets will be good for one (1) year from date of issue and are subject to airline blackout dates and restrictions.) Hotel, taxes, gratuities, meals, ground transportation, souvenirs, incidentals, and any other items not specified as part of the prize package are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guests.
2) No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
3) All contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
4) The winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of winning notification. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected if time permits.
5) Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by KMJQ-FM. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within thirty (30) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have seven (7) days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within seven (7) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by these rules, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and if time permits, at the discretion of the contest sponsor / and or contest administrator, an alternate entrant will be selected as the winner by random drawing from among the remaining entries.
6) All prizes (i.e. tickets, checks, gift cards) awarded to contest winners must be picked up at the KMJQ offices located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900 Houston, Texas 77046. Proper government issued identification and proof of age (i.e. via driver’s license, passport other government-issued photo I.D. with birth date) must be presented before prizes will be released to winners.
7) If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the contest sponsor and / or contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
1) During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to take part in the Contest by becoming the correct caller after the “Maze Song of the Day” has played.
2) Contest participants must call 713-390-5102, be the 35th caller on the KMJQ-FM request lines, and correctly identify the song title. Upon becoming the correct caller and providing the title to the Song of the Day, the qualifying winner will be asked to provide their contact information (off the air), name, address, phone number, and email address.
3) The grand prize drawing will be held on Friday, December 23, 2011. KMJQ-FM promotions staff will select the grand prize winner at random from among all eligible contestants that qualified through on-air contesting.
4) Grand prize winner will be notified by phone and/or email and will be provided with instructions on how to claim his or her prize.
5) All decisions made by Station management are final and binding.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Winners of prizes that total $600 or more in value during any one calendar year are responsible for any and all state, local, and federal taxes based on the retail value of the prizes; and will receive a Form 1099 from KMJQ-FM / Radio One of Texas II, LLC for the total amount of winnings; and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Contest entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
7. Prize is not transferable. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for a prize of comparable value.
8. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
9. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
10. The station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
11. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
12. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission, text message, or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
13. KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC; its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
14. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
15. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KMJQ-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
16. Copies of complete Contest rules are available upon request at the Radio One of Texas II, LLC. Offices 9:00a-5:00p Monday through Friday during the Contest Period or by accessing it at http://www.theboxhouston.com or at the Radio One of Texas II, LLC Offices located at 24 Greenway Plaza Suite 900 / Houston, Texas 77046.