The Call Movie Pass Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The KMJQ-FM (“Station”) The Call Movie Pass (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 6:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and end on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 11:59 P.M. CST (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be conducted exclusively online. Twenty (20) winners will each be awarded Two (2) passes to the advanced screening of “The Call” movie taking place Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at Edwards Greenway Palace Stadium 24 in Houston, Texas.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of KMJQ-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston-Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
1. Participants must log on to the KMJQ website at http://www.myhoustonmajic.com. Participants must follow the link from the Contest page to The Call Movie Pass Sweepstakes page.
2. Upon entering the Sweepstakes website page, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
3. After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win.
4. All Internet entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, March 8, 2013, or they will be void.
5. One entry per person per day per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. On Monday, March 11, 2013, KMJQ-FM will select Twenty (20) winners at random from all eligible Sweepstakes entrants that entered electronically. The winners will be notified by phone and / or email. Prizes will be awarded upon winner verification and final approval by KMJQ-FM.
7. The winners will be instructed to pick up their prize at the offices of KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046, before 5:30 p.m. CST on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
8. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
9. Winner must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) winner must sign and date official station release and waiver forms, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release form as requested, and return to the station by either email or fax to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
10. All decisions made by the Station and Radio One of Texas II, LLC (“Company”) management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of KMJQ-FM who are who are Eight-teen (18) years of age or older, at the time of entry and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan area.
2. Employees of KMJQ-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (also “Radio One”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston-Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Participants may only win once during this Sweepstakes.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
5. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If the winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. Twenty (20) winners will be selected in this Sweepstakes, each will receive the following:
a. Two (2) passes to the advanced screening of “The Call” movie taking place Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at Edwards Greenway Palace Stadium 24 in Houston, Texas. Movie passes, and/or special screening and premiere movie passes are valid for space available only. Seating is provided on a first-come-first-served basis. Transportation to and from the event venue, meals, beverages, gratuities, souvenirs, incidentals, and all other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer.
3. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, looses, or disputes in connection therewith.
4. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the station’s offices within three (3) days of the date of winning.
5. Dates and times of events and activities, promoted by Sweepstakes sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of KMJQ-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, celebrity appearances, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. KMJQ-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
6. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of a prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
7. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release form as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize. The Affidavit of Eligibility must be complete and include winner’s social security number. The information in winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct and must mirror the information provided in winner’s entry or the winner will be disqualified.
9. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit/Release as required, or if the Prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited.
10. If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another participant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
11. If Sweepstakes winner does not claim their prize within three (3) days of winning notification, the prize will be forfeited. No unclaimed prizes will be awarded.
12. Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 to claim their prize. Winners must provide two forms of official identification to claim prize. Acceptable forms of identification include a valid Texas driver’s license, passport, or other valid government-issued photo I.D. Identification documents must match the information provided at the time of Sweepstakes registration.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
4. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
6. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, video image, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
7. All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
9. The Station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
10. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
11. The Station, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer arising from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes. In addition, The Station, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, postage due, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of The Station and will not be returned.
12. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company; have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
13. The Station, the Company; its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company; its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
14. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
15. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Station and the Company reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
16. Copies of complete Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of KMJQ-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046.