- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (reserve 16 whole for garnish, optional) $
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and chopped (1 cup) $
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 16 slices of French bread
- Mix shrimp, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and parsley. Add oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered and chilled.
- Prepare grill and set rack 6 inches from heat. Lightly brush one side of each piece of bread with oil. Grill bread, oiled side up, for 1 minute. Turn and grill other side until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of shrimp mixture on top of oiled side of each bread slice. Garnish with whole shrimp, if desired Myrecipes.com
Also On Majic 102.1: