I am not just endorsing the above because I am a runner. The numbers don’t lie, which is why I had to share with you this recent study my friends over at Mizuno (A fitness company that is on a quest to unlock the potential of every run and give runners the tools to take incredible strides forward) did with the University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler Business School. In an effort to understand the positive, cumulative impact that running could have on America, in terms of both mental, economic and physical health, Mizuno USA commissioned an in-depth statistical analysis, exploring the question, “What if everybody ran?”
Must Read: Name That Celebrity Booty! [PHOTOS]
The results were profound and hands down, running transforms! It can transform you as an individual when you repeatedly lace up for a morning run (that’s discipline – which is totally a transferable skill), it can can transform a community when runners come together for a cause, and it can certainly transform a nation…see how so below.
The Mental/Emotional Impact: “If Everybody Ran…” there would be:
1. 37 percent more smiles: Running boosts your mood and when you are in good mood, you smile more.
2. 163,607 (or 18.7 percent) fewer divorces annually: Makes sense since couples who sweat together, stay together.
3. 29.3 million happier marriages: When you are taking care of your body and your health you are better able to take care of others…your spouse and children all benefit from your commitment to running.
The Economic/Commercial Impact: “If Everybody Ran…” there would be:
1. A 50 percent reduction in productivity lost due to sick days: Physical activity and your immune system are directly related. People who sweat often are less likely to become ill, and when they do become sick, their recovery time is often much quicker than non sweaters.
2. $25.3 billion in new exports generated because of this 1.15 percent improvement in productivity: Pumping it up may be what you need to perk up. In just 20 minutes of moderate heart-pumping fun, your attention and cognitive ability increases significantly.
3. A 10 percent increase in household earning potential: The chain of financial increase is simple. Do better work, get better offers/promotions, make more money. Running leads to healthy and healthy leads to wealthy. That simple.
Did You Know That You Could Change Your Entire Life By Running? was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral
Win Passes To NCAA Men’s Final Four Fan Fest OR The Final Four Music Festival
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Humble ISD Teacher Caught with Student at Hotel Under Investigation
Beyonce Looks Magical In Custom Sheer Dress For Her Oscars Gold Party
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG