Spicy Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
SERVES 6 |
ACTIVE TIME 20 Min |
TOTAL TIME 20 Min
2 (6 ounce) boxes Horizon Organic Pasta Shells & White Cheddar Cheese
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8 ounces pepper jack cheese
1 (14 ounce) package hot smoked sausage
4-8 jalapenos (to taste, less for mild and more for hot)
DIRECTIONS (VIA THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN)
- Bring an 8 quart covered pot 1/2 filled with water to a boil over high heat. Once it boils, add macaroni. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook uncovered to al dente (has a bite to it), about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm a large 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Slice sausage into coins and add to skillet, cook until browned then flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside.
- While the sausage is cooking dice jalapenos. Remove seeds and veins for the least heat, add them in for an extra kick.
- Add diced jalapenos to the sausage drippings and sauté until softened, 3-5 minutes. Remove sautéed jalapenos from pan with a slotted spoon and place on the plate.
- Add butter, milk and cheese packet to drained macaroni. Crumble in pepper jack cheese. Stir until combined. Add jalapenos and sausage.
- Serve and enjoy!
Beyonce Looks Magical In Custom Sheer Dress For Her Oscars Gold Party
Win Passes To NCAA Men’s Final Four Fan Fest OR The Final Four Music Festival
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Win The Ultimate Michael Jackson Experience with Passes & Hotel Stay
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
Houston Man Who Says His Daughter Died During His Police Chase Charged With Murder
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says