Spicy Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
SERVES 6 |
ACTIVE TIME 20 Min |
TOTAL TIME 20 Min
2 (6 ounce) boxes Horizon Organic Pasta Shells & White Cheddar Cheese
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8 ounces pepper jack cheese
1 (14 ounce) package hot smoked sausage
4-8 jalapenos (to taste, less for mild and more for hot)
- Bring an 8 quart covered pot 1/2 filled with water to a boil over high heat. Once it boils, add macaroni. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook uncovered to al dente (has a bite to it), about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm a large 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Slice sausage into coins and add to skillet, cook until browned then flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside.
- While the sausage is cooking dice jalapenos. Remove seeds and veins for the least heat, add them in for an extra kick.
- Add diced jalapenos to the sausage drippings and sauté until softened, 3-5 minutes. Remove sautéed jalapenos from pan with a slotted spoon and place on the plate.
- Add butter, milk and cheese packet to drained macaroni. Crumble in pepper jack cheese. Stir until combined. Add jalapenos and sausage.
- Serve and enjoy!