Several Boys & Girls Club of Greater Houston have extended their hours this week to provide relief to families recovering from the flooding devastation left behind by Hurricane Harvey.
The clubs are open to any children and teenagers ages 6-17 in the Greater Houston area who need somewhere to go, during the day this week.
Children can attend a club at no cost to the family until school starts, then only $5 per child for the school year.
The clubs provide meals and snacks, games and sports, arts activities, computer access, homework help and mentors. Clubs are run by trained staff members and volunteers. Below are locations and date times.
Open Monday to Friday (Sept. 4-8 ) from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and after school starting Sept. 11:
- Allen Parkway Club (815 Crosby Street Houston, TX 77019)
- John & Cissy Havard Club (1520 Airline Road Houston, TX 77009)
- Holthouse Club (2411 Canal Street Houston, TX 77003)
- Jim & Barbara Morefield Club (5950 Selinsky Road Houston, TX 77048)
- Spring Branch Club (8575 Pitner Road Houston, TX 77080)
Open Tuesday to Friday (Sept. 5-8) from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and after school starting Sept. 11:
- Houston Texans Teen Club (1520A Airline Road Houston, TX 77009)
- Royal ISD Club (2500 Durkin Rd., Pattison, TX 77423)
- Richmond-Rosenberg Club (1800 James L. Pink Blvd, Richmond, TX 77469)
- Fort Bend Club (5525 Hobby St, Houston, TX 77053)
Open after school starting Tuesday, Sept. 5:
- Johnny Mitchell Club (4420 Avenue P, Galveston, TX 77550)
- Stafford Club (3110 5th St, Stafford, Texas 77477)
BGCGH’s goal is to open all clubs for extended day hours until school returns in session and then return to normal after school hours.
To support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston’s efforts, or to register your child for a club, click here.
How to help: http://bit.ly/2wYjr4w