Not so much. Donald Glover’s animated Deadpool TV series has been trashed, with FX citing “creative differences” between the network, Glover (who was set to produce) and Marvel. But Glover isn’t loving what he’s seeing in the press about the cancelled deal, so he is putting his own version of events out there.
For one, it wasn’t his schedule that nixed the deal.
- “For the record: i wasn’t too busy to work on deadpool,” Glover wrote on Twitter, following that up with a series of tweets including a mock script for the show’s season finale as proof.
- The faux script is reverberating on Twitter, with many questioning if some of his fake lines are jabs at the network execs, who they say may have worried about alienating white audiences.
- “All the writers were black,” Deadpool says in the script. “And the references were pretty black too. I heard they went over the lunch budget ordering Jamaican food at least once a week.”
- He also manages to slip a “who-bit-Beyonce” joke in there.
- Glover and his brother Stephen were set to write, exec produce and serve as showrunners. He signed a 10-episode deal with FX last May.
- Bummed about Deadpool the show? The second Deadpool movie will drop May 27th in theaters. Want more Glover too? His hit FX show Atlanta kicked off its second season March 1 and he is starring in the forthcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story and voicing Simba in the forthcoming live-action Lion King.
Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Ayesha Curry Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby No. 4 With Steph Curry
And You Woo Woo WHAT?! ‘Embarrassed’ Jeffrey Osborne Concertgoers Seek $2M In Emotional Distress Lawsuit
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Gary Owen's Estranged Wife Kenya Duke Puts Him On Blast Amid Divorce
Serena Williams Shares A Rough Day on Social Media, Fans Respond With Love And Support
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨