Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Happy 102nd Birthday To David McBride Sr.!
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Bro. Deric Muhammad Discusses George Floyd, Injustice In The Community & More[EXCLUSIVE]
- EXCLUSIVE: 12-Year-Old Keedron Byrant Who Went Viral For Singing “I’m A Young Black Man” Speaks Out
- Quarantine Meals: Pulled Pork Sliders With Carolina Gold Slaw Recipe [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ex-Cop Charged With Murder In Death Of George Floyd
- Black Tony Is Babysitting And He’s Scared! [WATCH]
- Ro James Talks The Influence Of Gospel Music And His New Album ‘Mantic’ [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Resurfaced News Clip From 2016 About Police Brutality Goes Viral Because…RELEVANT
- Don Lemon Tee’s Off On “Birther-In-Chief” Donald Trump “No One Wants To Hear From” [Video]
Struggling Kona Grill Files For Bankruptcy, Closes All Houston Locations was originally published on theboxhouston.com