Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Jada Pinkett Smith Admits She Once Had An ‘Unhealthy Relationship’ With Porn Before Marriage
- Jason Mitchell Dropped From ‘The Chi’ Over “Inappropriate Behavior”
- Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis Speak On How They’ve Evolved With 30 Years In The Music Industry, New Album & More
- Auntie Oprah Claps Back At Troll Telling Her To Pay Off College Students’ Loans Too
- Queen Latifah And Will Smith To Produce Hiphop Infused ‘Romeo And Juliet’ For Netflix
- Police Peacefully Arrest Suspected Cop Killer One Week After Killing Unarmed Pamela Turner
- Hershey’s Redesigns Chocolate Bars For First Time In 125 Years
- These Abortion Bills Aren’t About Unborn Children, They’re About Power!
- If Guy Were You: Just Do It!
- Roland Martin: Justice For Eric Garner
Struggling Kona Grill Files For Bankruptcy, Closes All Houston Locations was originally published on theboxhouston.com